All-Star Netflix Cheer 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I still haven't watched it, and to be honest I don't know if I will. I enjoyed the first season and was so happy to see the sport portrayed as we all know it to be. Then everything happened, and we all got to see it as the sport we all wish it wasn't. Not sure I want to go there again.
I've had a chance to finish it and digest it for a few days. It's worth watching - particularly episode 4 when they find out Daytona won't happen (this one hit home and was relatable to a lot of people in many sports) and the last two episodes. There was a lot of the series I didn't like at all, but the grit and commitment all of the athletes have is representative of both allstar and college cheer and makes it worth watching.

I'm watching it now. With my Dad who is a NCAA sports fan but knows nothing about cheer except for occasionally watching videos of CP's teams and what he sees at college games.

I really wish they would have skipped 2020 entirely, did a special episode on the Jerry thing, and then focused on 2021, because seeing Jerry in the team scenes is jarring. I know they are chronologically before the whole mess came out, but seeing him there, and especially getting accolades knowing what he really is feels wrong.

Also, TVCC's not allowing college cheerleaders to also do All Star seems like a good choice.

I'm watching it now. With my Dad who is a NCAA sports fan but knows nothing about cheer except for occasionally watching videos of CP's teams and what he sees at college games.

I really wish they would have skipped 2020 entirely, did a special episode on the Jerry thing, and then focused on 2021, because seeing Jerry in the team scenes is jarring. I know they are chronologically before the whole mess came out, but seeing him there, and especially getting accolades knowing what he really is feels wrong.

Also, TVCC's not allowing college cheerleaders to also do All Star seems like a good choice.
Just an FYI on the last bit. They don't have that rule anymore and haven't for several years.

Just an FYI on the last bit. They don't have that rule anymore and haven't for several years.
I haven’t finished watching season 2 yet… but do they completely ignore that a lot of athletes from TVCC and Navarro cheer all star together? I mean even Vontae was on CA Wildcats last season.

I haven’t finished watching season 2 yet… but do they completely ignore that a lot of athletes from TVCC and Navarro cheer all star together? I mean even Vontae was on CA Wildcats last season.
Yea they pretty much ignore that.

Wasn't a fan of this season compared to the first tbh. I do like that they included tvcc, it was nice to see how different the two programs are run.
I have to agree with a lot of people in wondering why Jerry was so highlighted in the beginning, knowing the allegations at that point in the editing process, I felt like highlighting him and all the social media, famous things, etc he got to do should have been left out completely.
I wish they would have focused a little more on cheer then other random stuff. I get all reality shows eventually try and get as much petty dramatics in as possible for entertainment factor. But I wish reality shows focus on sports, would just ya know, focus on the sport.
I do have a few more episodes to finish. But I will say I can't see myself watching a season 3, unless they go back to focusing more on cheer and less on outside stuff.

Another thing. La' darius portrayal rubbed me the wrong way this season compared to the first, he clearly has a close relationship with Monica and that's great, but him walking all over his team mates and coaching staff, and everyone just stands there and allows it, really put me off on how a coaching staff can allow that kind of behavior on and off the mat from an athlete and think it's ok. Makes you wonder how his attitude and back talk really affected the team behind the scenes, that obviously was never shown.....When you constantly have to have side talks over and over with the same person, when do you finally put your foot down and say "no you are done" Although I can understand that he probably went through a lot emotionally, considering the Jerry fiasco.. (weren't they roommates at one point??.) I'm sure he is a good person in all reality, but such harsh negativity can drag a lot of people down in real life. Especially when you are forced to put up with it day in and day out, and coaching staff turns a blind eye like it's normal. Theres a difference between constructive criticism and just plain rudeness. idc if your a 5th year senior, check the attitude at the door...

I have not watched yet... but definitely going to. Should I watch season 1 first?
Def watch season 1. Though you'll have the insight of knowing that the person who was the "biggest" star is now sitting in prison, which definitely colors some of the story lines.

I really can't blame the team for feeling abandoned when Monica did DWTS. I know there have been coaches my CP wanted to cheer under-and having the team assigned to another coach after finally making it there was heartbreaking. Even more so for kids who potentially turned down another college to cheer for Monica.

I watched Season 2 over a few days (I had to pace myself). I appreciated the candor/honesty in addressing both the Jerry and L'Darius situations, plus I really liked watching TVCC preparing their routine sections.

Personally, if this series continues, I'd like to see rival schools featured that aren't the only 2 teams in their division at NCA College Nationals. Cheers!

@mamamarcie "Personally, if this series continues, I'd like to see rival schools featured that aren't the only 2 teams in their division at NCA College Nationals. Cheers!" I get what you are saying. I will add, TVCC & Navarro are almost always in the top 3 scores of the whole comp. Their goal is really Grand Champ, but right now Weber has that title. Weber's stunting is insane! *Ironically, Weber was only against one team last season.

Back