All-Star New Gym In Maryland?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Since you asked...They're calling it a "merger" but, being that Central Maryland Allstars was just formed in March 2014, it's actually more like they have bought Frederick Allstar Fusion. Who is "they," you may ask? Cheer parents with no actual cheer expertise who are being puppeteered by master manipulators/disgruntled cheer parents to purchase a cheer gym where their girls can continue to cheer for free or close to it. Sound familiar to anyone? The puppeteers are the very family who two years ago was instrumental in bringing East Coast Nitros to Frederick and in the process sought to destroy Allstar Fusion (where their four girls cheered FOR FREE) in an effort to recruit their coaches and athletes and any others in the area to go to ECN, and they are now attempting to do the same to ECN. These people are completely devoid of all morals and will stop at nothing to use people for their own gain and will turn on them as soon as they are no longer a benefit to them. If that sounds like a program in which you want to be involved, then Central Maryland Allstars is the place for you! CHEERS!
Goodness gracious. That sounds like a horrible time for anyone involved. When I was at my prior gym, there was always rumors floating about about us merging/being taken over/stuff you never want to hear in the middle of the season, with a sprinkle of embezzlement thrown in. It's very rough on athlete moral knowing what's happening, and just as scary for parents involved. I'll keep the people involved in my prayers.

This makes me so thankful to be a part of a stable gym so I will never have to deal with this personally again.

Goodness gracious. That sounds like a horrible time for anyone involved. When I was at my prior gym, there was always rumors floating about about us merging/being taken over/stuff you never want to hear in the middle of the season, with a sprinkle of embezzlement thrown in. It's very rough on athlete moral knowing what's happening, and just as scary for parents involved. I'll keep the people involved in my prayers.

This makes me so thankful to be a part of a stable gym so I will never have to deal with this personally again.

It really is awful and the athletes are the ones who end up suffering as a result. It's great that you are now with a stable gym and I wish the same for all the innocent athletes who are caught up in this mess so they can be happy and do what they love without all of this nonsense surrounding them!

Man, Virginia might be Maryland's neighbor but I have no idea what all of this is haha which I'm perfectly ok with. Yikes...

I don't know if it's just this time of year or if it's just the Maryland/DC/Virginia region, but we seem to have an assortment of mergers/openings/closings this time of year every year in this area.... Hearing of others happening in the tri-state area as well. Definitely tough on the kids, but hopefully will turn out ok for everyone in the end.

Last edited:
In Maryland, there is a gym for every kind of family. Personally, I love my gym; its been open for 6 years, now heading into the 7th but my gym is not for everyone. And I tell folks that when they request information from me about it.

I was kinda of hesitant to write a message on here being a newbie and all but I felt like I had to get on here and just put in a good word for ECN in Frederick (not that this thread is bashing ECN).

My child is an athlete there and absolutely loves it. The owner and coaches are wonderful. She is happy and is an amazing athlete do in part to their coaching and the environment she is in.

I think a lot of adults lose sight of who this sport is really for and I think its sad when they ruin it for the kids. The drama these people were causing was ridiculous and thankfully the owner of ECN took care of it. That is what I love about her, she sees a problem, she deals with it. The drama makers are gone and I am looking forward to a refreshing new season ahead.

If the parents that are opening Central Maryland Allstars think they can do it better than more power to them, quit the bashing and just move on with your life. Start your gym and if you are as good as you think you are then you will succeed....Nitros is all about good sportsmanship and many of these kids will still cheer each other on no matter the drama between the parents and what uniform they are wearing, I just wish some parents would follow in their kids footsteps.

That is all :)

Last edited:
I was kinda of hesitant to write a message on here being a newbie and all but I felt like I had to get on here and just put in a good word for ECN in Frederick (not that this thread is bashing ECN).

My child is an athlete there and absolutely loves it. The owner and coaches are wonderful. She is happy and is an amazing athlete do in part to their coaching and the environment she is in.

I think a lot of adults lose site of who this sport is really for and I think its sad when they ruin it for the kids. The drama these people were causing was ridiculous and thankfully the owner of ECN took care of it. That is what I love about her, she sees a problem, she deals with it. The drama makers are gone and I am looking forward to a refreshing new season ahead.

If the parents that are opening Central Maryland Allstars think they can do it better than more power to them, quit the bashing and just move on with your life. Start your gym and if you are as good as you think you are then you will succeed....Nitros is all about good sportsmanship and many of these kids will still cheer each other on no matter the drama between the parents and what uniform they are wearing, I just wish some parents would follow in their kids footsteps.

That is all :)
Cheer parents seem to hold onto things far longer than their kids do.

RUN as quickly and as FAR away from this sure to be hot mess as you can. Having brought up a cheerleader up in the state of Maryland, my advice, if she really wants to cheer....move to another state.

I can't say this has always been the case, but right now I think there are some good options in Maryland. Definitely more so than years past. I think a lot of programs have really stepped it up.

Since this thread is being watched by so many cheer families in Frederick MD, let's give a big shout out for IGNITE! Senior 4 COED out of East Coast Nitros representing Frederick at Summit!

And of course congrats to ECN Atomic out of DE and Bombshells out of Elkridge, MD. Nitros has 3 teams heading to Summit!

Back