New Here ;) Where To Ask For Gym Rec's ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LobsterchickensMom

Cheer Parent
Jul 4, 2015
hi! new and wasn't sure where to ask this so figured the newbie section was the safest spot. my 6yo is doing her first full year of cheer this year, she loves it. we are considering moving in about a year, and because she loves cheer so much we want to make sure that wherever we move she can continue doing it at a good gym. i We currently live in rural nevada, and she attends five star athletics (we love them and will be sad to leave if we do!) we are considering several places in Texas; houston, outskirts of dallas/ft worth, corpus christi, san antonio, pretty much anywhere except Austin, the pan handle and any further south than corpus area. we are also considering spring field MO. i have no idea where to even begin looking for gyms in those areas.

Right now we drive about 45mi to her gym and would like to keep it less than 2hrs commuting, she has younger siblings and they get awfully bored with too much driving.

If you end up in Springfield, All Star Patriots are in Nixa which is pretty close! A new gym is opening in Springfield this year called Cenergy Cheer. It's kind of a collaboration between Arkansas Dynamix and The Cheer Pitt. I don't know much about Arkansas Dynamix but TCP always has extremely successful teams with great routines!

@Cheer Dad has a good question

Here are a few:

Houston area Woodlands Elite, Prodigy All Stars, Texas Cheer, All Star Revolution

Dallas area Cheer athletics, Spirit of Texas

San Antonio area Stars

Moving for cheer or moving for career

**shall I release the hounds**
moving just to move, we are a previous military family and have gotten restless without having orders to move. luckily with my husbands job we can move to anywhere near a city of 100,000+. hubs is from Texas and has family in MO so those are our top picks.

five star athletics is a relatively small gym, i looked at sprit of texas and assume its a rather large gym, do they take newer athletes or just those who are super super good?

moving just to move, we are a previous military family and have gotten restless without having orders to move. luckily with my husbands job we can move to anywhere near a city of 100,000+. hubs is from Texas and has family in MO so those are our top picks.

five star athletics is a relatively small gym, i looked at sprit of texas and assume its a rather large gym, do they take newer athletes or just those who are super super good?

Spirit of Texas is amazing. They are a large gym with 2 locations. They take athletes of all levels, from beginner to elite.

If you end up in Springfield, All Star Patriots are in Nixa which is pretty close! A new gym is opening in Springfield this year called Cenergy Cheer. It's kind of a collaboration between Arkansas Dynamix and The Cheer Pitt. I don't know much about Arkansas Dynamix but TCP always has extremely successful teams with great routines!

I second both of these. All Star Patriots are great, they do really well in all levels. TCP and Arkansas Cheer Dynamix are phenomenal gyms, we love their coaches and their teams are well put together. They both have innovative choreography and technically correct skills so their combined gym should be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what you are looking for in a new gym? Big, small, win above all else,, etc...

If you move to San Antonio we are at Stars Vipers that some one previously recommended. I could answer any questions about it if you had any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what you are looking for in a new gym? Big, small, win above all else,, etc...

we really don't know, since we have such limited experience. i love how well our current gyms gets to know its athletes and how the really work on their foundation skills to make sure they have everything they need as they level up. winning is great but i want her to learn character and cheer skills, work hard and have fun more than anything ;) five star is a smaller gym, so a bigger gym intimidates me but i am not counting them out.

i am leaning towards houston and hubs is leaning towards dallas

Big gyms can be scary on the outside but they really aren't bad at all. Small gyms definitely have the hometown family feel but bigger gyms will have more team opportunities which can translate into better athlete growth and less holding back if the small gym doesn't have a level appropriate team. Heck, some smaller programs purposely hold kids back in the attempt to be more competitive at a specific level.

We live in the DFW area and there are definitely lots of all star options in the metroplex and surrounding areas. CA and SOT are the largest gyms in the area but there are also some other very competitive gyms which aren't quite as large. Champion Cheer and Spirit Xtreme are in the Southlake/Grapevine area. There is Pro Spirit and Express in the Frisco/McKinney area. CA also has a gym in Frisco. Those are a few of the ones I can think of off of the top of my head. There are lots of smaller, very good gyms but since it is the off season I can't think of the names of any:confused:

If you have questions about specific gyms or the area in general, let me know. My girls have been involved with all star for the past 9 years so we have seen many of the gyms at some point during that time.

We live in the DFW area and there are definitely lots of all star options in the metroplex and surrounding areas. CA and SOT are the largest gyms in the area but there are also some other very competitive gyms which aren't quite as large. Champion Cheer and Spirit Xtreme are in the Southlake/Grapevine area. There is Pro Spirit and Express in the Frisco/McKinney area. CA also has a gym in Frisco. Those are a few of the ones I can think of off of the top of my head. There are lots of smaller, very good gyms but since it is the off season I can't think of the names of any:confused:

If you have questions about specific gyms or the area in general, let me know. My girls have been involved with all star for the past 9 years so we have seen many of the gyms at some point during that time.
than you so much everyone! i am gathering so much information <3
@CatMomma i know nothing about dallas lol, hubs is from corpus christi and we were stationed there for a bit but dallas we don't even know what is where lol. ill def look into the gyms everyone has mentioned!

I would also look at schools in the area, community safety/low crime rate, traffic, etc. So, many different factors to consider when making a major move.

oh totally, we are about 10-12mo from actually selling our current home and moving. we homeschool, so thats not a big deal but the overall feel and safety of the neighborhood play a big part in any move i think. ideally we would end up in a smaller (under 20k people) outlying town

Latest posts

Back