College New Main Base Here..How To Fix Grip & Libs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 24, 2023
Hello! I’m a new main base and new to cheering but joined the team recently. I can get preps and extensions up but when we do libs it goes up and crumbles down ( I go up but don’t lock out my arms before it crumbles down ). Also, I noticed when we do extensions my hands are not gripping the entire foot ( it’s more on the edge ) and I think that may be part of the reason why our libs won’t go up. Any tips or solutions on how to solve this problem and to get out lib up? Also some tips for me as a new base? I really want to get this lib up!

Hi! I would suggest making sure your palms are on the two ballpoints of your flyers feet (toe and heel). Aswell as gripping both sides, another thing to think about is make sure when your doing a lib, your giving your flyer a straight platform (her foots completely flat in the stunt). And the foot is not sitting on your chest, rather it’s in the middle of you and your other base. I would also talk to your flyer, from what it sounds like, she’s probably sticking her hips out causing her to fall because of the in-balance. I would suggest she focuses on keeping her hips forward and core locked! hope this makes sense :)

Hello! I’m a new main base and new to cheering but joined the team recently. I can get preps and extensions up but when we do libs it goes up and crumbles down ( I go up but don’t lock out my arms before it crumbles down ). Also, I noticed when we do extensions my hands are not gripping the entire foot ( it’s more on the edge ) and I think that may be part of the reason why our libs won’t go up. Any tips or solutions on how to solve this problem and to get out lib up? Also some tips for me as a new base? I really want to get this lib up!
Hi! I would suggest making sure your palms are on the two ballpoints of your flyers feet (toe and heel). Aswell as gripping both sides, another thing to think about is make sure when your doing a lib, your giving your flyer a straight platform (her foots completely flat in the stunt). And the foot is not sitting on your chest, rather it’s in the middle of you and your other base. I would also talk to your flyer, from what it sounds like, she’s probably sticking her hips out causing her to fall because of the in-balance. I would suggest she focuses on keeping her hips forward and core locked! hope this makes sense :)

Back