OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Was this at college cheer? If I remember correctly this is something that you have been dealing with well before you joined the team and you were straight up with the coach when you tried out. Either way - what a totally ineffective coaching "method".
Yup you are correct

Someone should take my card and empty my savings account to stop me from online shopping. Splitting my paychecks and keeping them in my savings for emergency money, or any other needs was a good idea until every store I love went on sale, and I got free shipping from Amazon.

I'm limiting myself from one online shopping 'trip' a month.
Story of my life... I've been saving money in my savings account for awhile and I had a ton of money from graduation and I was really proud of myself!... Until I got amazon prime... I'm a shopping addict... Its bad. I can't resist when things are on sale especially when it's something I've had my eye on for awhile... And I'm one of those people who shops when they're upset and I've been pretty lonely and stressed since I got to college... Needless to say I've pretty much blown through my savings account... Hopefully my dad doesn't see so he can't kill me :wasntme:

I thought about having my paychecks deposited into my bank account that I don't have any access to unless I'm in Knoxville or use my card... BUT then I would just use my card so it wouldn't really help, plus if I needed the money incase of an emergency I wouldn't have a way to get to it. I have my money set up to where I have my budget for the month in one account (I get paid to go to school so I just transfer the money over each month), the rest of the scholarship money in another account, and then my paychecks/actual savings in another account. I thought it would help but not so much:rolleyes:

Story of my life... I've been saving money in my savings account for awhile and I had a ton of money from graduation and I was really proud of myself!... Until I got amazon prime... I'm a shopping addict... Its bad. I can't resist when things are on sale especially when it's something I've had my eye on for awhile... And I'm one of those people who shops when they're upset and I've been pretty lonely and stressed since I got to college... Needless to say I've pretty much blown through my savings account... Hopefully my dad doesn't see so he can't kill me :wasntme:

I thought about having my paychecks deposited into my bank account that I don't have any access to unless I'm in Knoxville or use my card... BUT then I would just use my card so it wouldn't really help, plus if I needed the money incase of an emergency I wouldn't have a way to get to it. I have my money set up to where I have my budget for the month in one account (I get paid to go to school so I just transfer the money over each month), the rest of the scholarship money in another account, and then my paychecks/actual savings in another account. I thought it would help but not so much:rolleyes:

I have a checking and a savings but my parents don't have a lock on the savings because they want me to be able to get money in case of an emergency and what makes it worse is that they encourage me to use this money. I only shop for sales or necessities, and I get non-dining hall food like three-4 times a week. And they want me to stop.

I think I have another savings account with my mom's bank from when I was little, so I probably have more saved than I imagine but still.

This is what I do. I have my savings at CapitalOne 360, which is an online bank. I better a better interest rate and it takes me 3 days to get money from it. Every check money goes into it and I can't easily take money out.

When your savings is directly connected to your checking it's way to easy to move money from it.
I have $50 transferred every week to my Capitol one360 acct. I don't even miss it. But when I need cash for a surprise expense, or a misc hotel bill maybe, is nice to b able to transfer it!

I go on binge shopping trips. Sometimes I wont buy anything for weeks, and other times I spend over 200 dollars a day. Ive been trying to stop but its so hard.

That's how I am. I'll be at work and start binge shopping on Amazon or various clothes stores. I recently had a binge, so I need to avoid shopping for a bit.

What's everyone's opinion on using conditioning or running as punishment for a mental block?

This angers me more than anything. If a coach doesn't understand the difficulties of a mental block, they can't coach an athlete through it. The harsh reality, is you may go a whole season spotting a kid's skill and they'll never put in the routine because of a mental block. It's not something that is easy to get over and you can't push a kid to do it or punish them if they don't. 9 times out of 10, a person's low self-esteem in other areas of their life is what holds them back and creates their mental block. If a girl is dealing with anorexia and hates the way she looks, do you make her do push ups until she's confident and healthy? Absolutely not. Sure it's an extreme but it's the way I look at it.

the one thing that has saved me from over spending, is the fact that i have two debit cards one from my bank and another one for work that automatically transfers my paycheck onto every friday. i hardly ever use my bank card unless im putting money in or paying some bills. i always take a little out of each pay check every week and put into savings.

This angers me more than anything. If a coach doesn't understand the difficulties of a mental block, they can't coach an athlete through it. The harsh reality, is you may go a whole season spotting a kid's skill and they'll never put in the routine because of a mental block. It's not something that is easy to get over and you can't push a kid to do it or punish them if they don't. 9 times out of 10, a person's low self-esteem in other areas of their life is what holds them back and creates their mental block. If a girl is dealing with anorexia and hates the way she looks, do you make her do push ups until she's confident and healthy? Absolutely not. Sure it's an extreme but it's the way I look at it.
I totally agree with this, really puts it into perspective

Completely unrelated but I feel like you don't post that much anymore! And I miss your posts! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this at college cheer? If I remember correctly this is something that you have been dealing with well before you joined the team and you were straight up with the coach when you tried out. Either way - what a totally ineffective coaching "method".
I like to refer to that as pseudodiscipline. Too many coaches think that conditioning is a remedy for EVERYTHING. Sure, it works for some things. Her coach should have had her do tumbling drills. One of the biggest causes of tumbling blocks (especially in cheer) is a lack of understanding of the skill. Having her go over basics and drills, and further explaining the physics behind the skill would be much more helpful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back