OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The info wasn't on the emails, totally annoying and rude on her part to admit to my face that she did see the emails and chose not to read the them, but I did sign up for the job so, I will be filling her in at showcase.

So, I agree that you have to do it, but make it convenient for you and at least a little inconvenient for her.

**No representation is made that the quality of cheer advice provided is greater than the quality of cheer advice provided by other twitters.**

Whenever we have class parties in Spanish twice a year, they're usually in the Home Ec cottage (a huge kitchen with running water, multiple refrigerators/freezers, and an ice maker; it's perfect). So last year in 7th period (the last class of the day) we were having our Cinco de Mayo party while the Home Ec teacher was teaching a class in her classroom, and some girl in there sprayed pepper spray in the trash because she and her friends wanted to know how it smelled. We were in the kitchen and all started coughing and had to evacuate while our teachers ran around having to open all the windows, etc. We had already eaten, or I would've been even more mad. I'm pretty sure she got in no trouble at all.

I've been thinking about this for a while... There should be a documentary about the dangers of cheerleading. Yeah, there's a few about cheer already, but those focus on competition and emphasizing the athleticism. I'd like to see one that looks into catastrophic injuries and deaths that have resulted from cheer, but still emphasizes the athleticism. There's been a few fluff pieces about it on Good Morning America and the Today Show but I think something full length would be more effective, and could show lawmakers and high school athletic governing bodies what modern cheer is. If only I had the time, money, resources, guts, etc... I can dream, can't I?

I think you're going for the "see how dangerous it is so its a sport" angle but I really think it's not a smart way to go. There are some dangers and people are working to eliminate what they can.

Also, there are a number of shows that have been done strictly about the risks in cheer.

**No representation is made that the quality of cheer advice provided is greater than the quality of cheer advice provided by other twitters.**

Towards the back, with full pouf, between two guys and the one on the right looks like he is going to kick your head?
Nope! I'm actually point, doing my worst toe touch in recent history. Out of all the times we jumped, they use the worst footage of my jumps, but I'm still happy I get to be representing NCA!

if that's your worst toe touch, than you're pretty freakin' awesome!
Thank you! I'm used to my feet being parallel with my head, so anything lower than that is a bad jump to me.
This is what my toe touch usually looks like
20k3zao.jpg

We have our first competition in a few hours and our coach sent us videos of the dance to learn on our own last night (at 11....) because we didn't have time to learn it at practice. Unprepared is an understatement and I'm stressing out.

Latest posts

Back