OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
is the picture on that tumblr the sr elite one with the white girl caption? just making sure im understanding what you all are talking about

Looks like it.

After I went down that rabbit hole known as Tumblr and some weird blog, I have a headache. The crazy things people design on the internet to take up kids' time. smh

I really don't understand that IG. It seems to be around just to hurt kids. Commenters keep making references that if you've never watched Gossip Girl you don't get it. I never watched the show so am I missing something? Whoever runs it seems to hate an athlete at Spirit because...wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. I don't understand the point of drawing attention to it here. The original posters quote was edited, but it was quoted quickly for all to see and inquire about. Anyway. Why feed into the drama and feed the madness

2. I feel bad for the kid, the caption was in poor taste, but it was also up for at least a week. Why did people just start caring now?

3. It's clearly a double standard. I've noticed that SE has a history of separating themselves by race....I'm not really sure why (and I low key thinK it's sad but it's also clear that it's a joke) but doing this also isn't unique to SE....I've seen it done by other teams in other sports....I get it but I don't get it. It's like it's in poor taste and not meant as any harm at the same time.

I doubt anyone on the team was offended by the black girl picture or the white girl picture and I suppose that's what matters

1. I don't understand the point of drawing attention to it here. The original posters quote was edited, but it was quoted quickly for all to see and inquire about. Anyway. Why feed into the drama and feed the madness

2. I feel bad for the kid, the caption was in poor taste, but it was also up for at least a week. Why did people just start caring now?

3. It's clearly a double standard. I've noticed that SE has a history of separating themselves by race....I'm not really sure why (and I low key thinK it's sad but it's also clear that it's a joke) but doing this also isn't unique to SE....I've seen it done by other teams in other sports....I get it but I don't get it. It's like it's in poor taste and not meant as any harm at the same time.

I doubt anyone on the team was offended by the black girl picture or the white girl picture and I suppose that's what matters
Agree 1000%

In other news the lows this week in Dallas are getting into the high 20's and low 30's :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: that is VERY COLD for us!!!!

I don't even know where to start so forgive me if I ramble.

When the girls were on YE some of the kids started saying they had a black girl club. (From here on referred to as BGC) If you follow any of the kids on social media you'll see BettySue_bgc. Kids of both races are in the BGC. My little bit has been trying to get in the club since YE. They won't let her in because of her lack of dancing skills, so it's an inside thing. (yes, I'm serious) I can see how it can be misinterpreted to the outside world though and honestly she posted that white girl team picture 2 weeks ago and I didn't think anything of it because I know the back story. I'm not trying to justify it...but those girls don't think anything of it between themselves. A lot of them have been on teams together for 9/10 years.

I am hyper aware of everything she does and how it's perceived and I monitor her accts every single day. Because I'm on the inside it didn't occur to me there was anything wrong with it, but, I can see how the outside world could read it differently for sure. That's my parenting fail and I will do better going forward.

My child is not a racist and she's devastated that people are saying these things about her. This was a hard and heatbreaking lesson. There are people here who know her heart......they know who she is in real life.......for now, that has to be enough. There's nobody she loves more than those 35 girls.

I do want to apologize to anybody who was offended by the picture or her comment. We will be much more aware going forward.

Thank you for reading and thank you to the 2 sweet girls who sent me screen shot texts and helped me work out my thoughts by text! I appreciate you, thank you!!!!

I was going to say that now I have to keep track of two random threads, but I just saw the other one is locked. So yay.

Anyway I cut my hair the other day. It's so short but I really like it. My hair was already short before but with different style. I had an a-line style but I would just tuck the long side behind my ear. Now its just even on both sides, and so much better and less annoying lol.

Shoutout to @Ems for bringing me white chocolate because I'm paralyzed <3

Not really paralyzed but yeah. Also update on my back, I think I pulled a lower lumbar muscle which explains the trouble walking and standing up or moving in general. Lucky me, I have cyclobenzaprine on hand so I should be good to go pretty soon here!

1. Kids are posted about all the time here. Her name wasn't used so......it's fair game. She/We put it out there and now have to learn from it. I hope I'm not feeding the drama or the madness by posting. I'm actually thankful someone mentioned it here, oddly enough. I don't follow the GG twitter or have a tumbler and would never have seen it. I just wish Nikaa had tagged me.

2. Thank you. While I do understand how it looks to the outside, the picture actually passed my daily inspection. My parenting fail to learn from

3. Went over that in my reply. Good bad or ugly....it's a thing. LOL I agree with I get it but I don't get it.........that's how I felt 2 hours ago. LOL

Thanks for your thoughts!!

I don't even know where to start so forgive me if I ramble.

When the girls were on YE some of the kids started saying they had a black girl club. (From here on referred to as BGC) If you follow any of the kids on social media you'll see BettySue_bgc. Kids of both races are in the BGC. My little bit has been trying to get in the club since YE. They won't let her in because of her lack of dancing skills, so it's an inside thing. (yes, I'm serious) I can see how it can be misinterpreted to the outside world though and honestly she posted that white girl team picture 2 weeks ago and I didn't think anything of it because I know the back story. I'm not trying to justify it...but those girls don't think anything of it between themselves. A lot of them have been on teams together for 9/10 years.

I am hyper aware of everything she does and how it's perceived and I monitor her accts every single day. Because I'm on the inside it didn't occur to me there was anything wrong with it, but, I can see how the outside world could read it differently for sure. That's my parenting fail and I will do better going forward.

My child is not a racist and she's devastated that people are saying these things about her. This was a hard and heatbreaking lesson. There are people here who know her heart......they know who she is in real life.......for now, that has to be enough. There's nobody she loves more than those 35 girls.

I do want to apologize to anybody who was offended by the picture or her comment. We will be much more aware going forward.

Thank you for reading and thank you to the 2 sweet girls who sent me screen shot texts and helped me work out my thoughts by text! I appreciate you, thank you!!!!
Ugh. This situation aggravates me. I hate that you and your CP have to explain yourselves to anyone but I have tremendous respect for you addressing this head on. A great parenting lesson for all of us who have kids who use social media! I saw the original post and my first thought was "oh snap what did my kid do now". This could have been any one of our kids.

Last edited:
Back