OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have a lot of mixed feelings on ferguson, they also started releasing more photo evidence yesterday and today, which makes me even more baffled on a lot of things.

I don't really think there's anyway to be impartial about it. It's too divided and every news outlet has a bias. I'm trying not to have too strong of an opinion either way.

The only thing I have to say is that I hate they waited until 8pm CT to share the findings of the grand jury investigation.

In other news. My last day of work was last Friday and I moved back to my hometown yesterday and I start my new job Monday. Yay for me.

From what I've heard, the thinking was that people would be home from work, kids would be home from school at that hour. Not stating an opinion either way just telling you what I've heard.

From what I've heard, the thinking was that people would be home from work, kids would be home from school at that hour. Not stating an opinion either way just telling you what I've heard.
i also heard they waited till night, cause of a supposed curfew that no one could be out past dark or something. that clearly would have never worked regardless of the verdict.

Last edited:

I know why "they" are saying they did it. I'm just saying that I hate that they did it.

I also know that my wording comes across way sassier than I intend...but I mean we've all been watching the same information, so i truly mean no harm.

I need everyone's prayers. My beautiful dog got hit by a car tonight and she can't move her back legs. She is my entire world and I'm three hours away from her. I have to wait until 11:00 tonight before I can see her. I'm such a mess right now I don't know what to do :,(

I need everyone's prayers. My beautiful dog got hit by a car tonight and she can't move her back legs. She is my entire world and I'm three hours away from her. I have to wait until 11:00 tonight before I can see her. I'm such a mess right now I don't know what to do :,(
I'm so sorry :( praying for the both of you!

You mean the little cutie in your avatar pic?
:( Praying for your pup<3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At practice tonight we were working on our pyramid and one of the girls flipping is in cheer this year for the first time. I get that she's new and all but when my coach was telling her how to tuck she said "but I have to flip my own body?" Ya girl, obviously no ones going to do it for you.

My personal favorite comment like this is when I have kids making the switch from all star to school cheer and aren't used to the dead mat.

I TELL kids at the pre-tryout meeting that dead mat/hard floor tumbling is different, and to try and get in some dead mat time BEFORE tryouts/clinics (because nothing is worse than showing up to a clinic having NEVER tumbled outside of springs.)

However, without fail, there is at least one person who just cannot process what she's being asked to do.

It goes like this:

"So you mean, I have to throw my tuck on this mat?"

"Yes."

"How am I supposed to do that?"

The same thing has happened to me :( such an awful feeling. You & your puppy are in my thoughts!!

I'm so over high school. A popularity ranking of the 50 most popular kids? Really? And people getting butt hurt when they're not on it or not "high enough"???? IS THIS A JOKE THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT CAME OUT OF A MOVIE

I work in guidance.

Two years ago, some boys posted a "hottest sophomore girls" list to Twitter.

We (me/teachers/staff) couldn't determine if we were residing in real life or a Lifetime Movie.

My personal favorite comment like this is when I have kids making the switch from all star to school cheer and aren't used to the dead mat.

I TELL kids at the pre-tryout meeting that dead mat/hard floor tumbling is different, and to try and get in some dead mat time BEFORE tryouts/clinics (because nothing is worse than showing up to a clinic having NEVER tumbled outside of springs.)

However, without fail, there is at least one person who just cannot process what she's being asked to do.

It goes like this:

"So you mean, I have to throw my tuck on this mat?"

"Yes."

"How am I supposed to do that?"
Cp was terrified to throw her full at tryouts on the dead mat! Yesterday she tried 2 to a full - she said it was ugly but she did it. It is very, very different but if you have the skills (and learned to set properly rather than throw the spinning ball of death) then the skills should translate after an adjustment period.

Latest posts

Back