OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I like this version better

I don't know which one is funnier the original or this one, but I definitely like this one better [emoji23][emoji23] Its so funny I'm temped to share it on my Facebook but if I do I'm sure I'll have some people give me a hard time because they adore Trump so I'll just enjoy it here and text to a few friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if this a merge/takeover of ICE? That's who won those banners. If so I will not be happy at all...
The girl in the picture on the right is Kaley Collier, who is from ICE (and coached those teams, I believe) will be running the CEA gym.

Im sorry but im totally not buying into this oscar boycott crap. Mainly cause im to focused on wanting leo dicaprio to finally win one. But i dont ever see people boycotting the BET awards......

Im sorry but im totally not buying into this oscar boycott crap. Mainly cause im to focused on wanting leo dicaprio to finally win one. But i dont ever see people boycotting the BET awards......
657c164bef6bbff9cbf549c35b08b4ba.jpg

As my husband who has a degree in cinema studies, it's not the oscars fault. They vote with the movies they got. It's Hollywood fault for choosing to cast all white casts in Oscar worthy rolls. The director knows before they start if they are going for Oscar worthy. That's why all the Oscar movies come out in December. If the directors don't place any black people in that roll how can the oscars vote for them? Of all the front runner movies this year, none of their main characters are black. If your going to boycott somebody boycott Hollywood.

That being said, I will agree that in the case of Selma, that movie got totally snubbed in the actor department last year.

As my husband who has a degree in cinema studies, it's not the oscars fault. They vote with the movies they got. It's Hollywood fault for choosing to cast all white casts in Oscar worthy rolls. The director knows before they start if they are going for Oscar worthy. That's why all the Oscar movies come out in December. If the directors don't place any black people in that roll how can the oscars vote for them? Of all the front runner movies this year, none of their main characters are black. If your going to boycott somebody boycott Hollywood.

That being said, I will agree that in the case of Selma, that movie got totally snubbed in the actor department last year.

7d9d0a9c7bc2f789ba861b4596c67d43.jpg

Replace "Emmy" with "Oscar"

But let me tell you why I, as a black woman don't care about the "oscar boycott crap"

1. I wasn't going anyway. My Oscar de la Renta gown and Balimain heels that I don't have will remain untouched. My Cartier diamonds that I don't own will stay in a safe I've never had access to. I wasn't watching either. I'll be watching RHOA, KUWTK, the world turn, tumbleweeds and paint dry.

2. The people calling for the boycott of the Oscars aren't calling for an economic boycott. Let's boycott the movies. Let's boycott production companies. But wait? Hold up. Can't do that! You still want us to go see "Concussion" you still want us to go see "Chi-raq". You want us to continue to put money into your bank accounts all the while still convincing us to boycott an event that WE HISTORICALLY HAVE NEVER CARED ABOUT.

3. I don't look for validation from people that historically have not cared about me and I suggest black entertainers and artists learn to do the same. Their lives will improve immensely. I know mine has.

You're right, Hollywood has a big problem with casting diverse actors. I would however argue that there were some performances that I saw this year that while perhaps were not Oscar worthy, were better than some of those nominated. What better time to highlight this fact than when the industry's "greatest" are being celebrated? We need to have the conversation.
Idris Elba made a great speech about the quality of roles available to Black and Asian British actors this week. Food for thought. If people of these backgrounds are only going to be 'eligible' to play particular types of characters, how are they going to win any awards? Why can't they play roles in films like Joy or The Revenant?
Also, I personally think Jada Pinkett Smith is salty because Will wasn't nominated, but that's another story for another time.

The BET comment made previously was asinine though. I reiterate, not in the same vein at all.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I doubt that every movie that came out in a year that has minorities in them is not Oscar worthy. I think it may be more about the Oscar memberships being 94% white males, they need to get some diversity in the memberships also.

7d9d0a9c7bc2f789ba861b4596c67d43.jpg

Replace "Emmy" with "Oscar"

But let me tell you why I, as a black woman don't care about the "oscar boycott crap"

1. I wasn't going anyway. My Oscar de la Renta gown and Balimain heels that I don't have will remain untouched. My Cartier diamonds that I don't own will stay in a safe I've never had access to. I wasn't watching either. I'll be watching RHOA, KUWTK, the world turn, tumbleweeds and paint dry.

2. The people calling for the boycott of the Oscars aren't calling for an economic boycott. Let's boycott the movies. Let's boycott production companies. But wait? Hold up. Can't do that! You still want us to go see "Concussion" you still want us to go see "Chi-raq". You want us to continue to put money into your bank accounts all the while still convincing us to boycott an event that WE HISTORICALLY HAVE NEVER CARED ABOUT.

3. I don't look for validation from people that historically have not cared about me and I suggest black entertainers and artists learn to do the same. Their lives will improve immensely. I know mine has.

You're right. I don't really know what the answer is. I feel bad for the oscars because like you said you can vote for rolls that aren't there either. But maybe the boycott is the only way to start to change Hollywood which is where the problem really lies. That being said, I feel like we've made great strides in the past few years with some of the movies that have come out.

You're right. I don't really know what the answer is. I feel bad for the oscars because like you said you can vote for rolls that aren't there either. But maybe the boycott is the only way to start to change Hollywood which is where the problem really lies. That being said, I feel like we've made great strides in the past few years with some of the movies that have come out.

No we haven't made great strides.

For the most part in order for a "black film" or a black actor to get a nomination, it has to be for a role that either fulfills a stereotype (Denzel Washington in Training Day; Halle Berry in Monsters Ball), they have to get whipped and retell the horrors of slavery (Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave, Chidewe Owuluwo, DJango) or they have to retell the horrors and injustices of the civil rights movement (Octavia Spencer, The Help)

When "black films" are snubbed people always feel it's the films like Selma or The Butler

Because that's all black people are to Hollywood. Muses to help retell unspeakable tragedy. I'm over it. I don't care any more. I'm done

The Oscar committee or whatever it's called clearly watched Creed and ignored Michael B. Jordan's performance, yet whoa. Wait. Wow. Let's give some dept to Sylvester Stallone's Rocky Balboa in the form of a cancer battle and suddenly his performance is Oscar nomination worthy and Golden Globe worthy?

SURE. [emoji106][emoji108]

And what about Dope. Dope was quirky. Brilliant. But wait....undeserving

Meanwhile Juno got all the awards. All the nominations. All the applause.

Black artists aren't being overlooked. You can't be overlooked if someone is deliberately not trying to see you (or in some instances only seen when convenient )

Also I would like to clarify that my sentiments are not just felt toward black actors and actresses, but toward all minorities in the film industry

Last edited:
Back