OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have a strange question. On average how often do you wash your hair? I wash mine everyday but my hair dresser just told me yesterday to only wash it twice a week. I go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week so I'm not sure how to do that and not wash my hair after.

Are you working in the University's marketing dept? Depending upon the brand's guidelines the marketing department may flip out if it's not within the brand, especially since it's official university correspondence.
Well technically I'm under marketing and communications. But this project is for someone in admissions, who is doing it on behalf of athletics...so yeah it's kind of a mess lol

ETA: but I totally agree with you! That's why I'm so confused that this lady wants a "fun font".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a strange question. On average how often do you wash your hair? I wash mine everyday but my hair dresser just told me yesterday to only wash it twice a week. I go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week so I'm not sure how to do that and not wash my hair after.

What's good for your hairdresser's hair is not what's good for yours. And what's good for mine isn't good for yours either. One of the people at my work (shameless plug kinda) said it best in a Reddit AMA about hair care that you can read about here - "Personal care is personal."

Well technically I'm under marketing and communications. But this project is for someone in admissions, who is doing it on behalf of athletics...so yeah it's kind of a mess lol

ETA: but I totally agree with you! That's why I'm so confused that this lady wants a "fun font".

Hmmmmmmmmm IMO (and totally my opinion) I would tell her that she can't have a fun font if its not part of the brand. Some people just want what they want even if it doesn't follow the brand. I deal wth this constantly and it's annoying that people don't understand "no, you can't have that". If it's for the university (and athletics is apart of the university) she has to follow the brand. Good thing for you is you have a brand to back you up when you say no :)

Last edited:
If you work out that much, only washing your hair twice a week wont work, but its also bad to wash it everyday. It'll probably take a while to get your hair used to only getting washed every couple of days, so try starting out with every other day, unless your hair is very sweaty and needs it more.

what @Alexx said. also dry shampoo/baby powder/corn starch will be your friend. Not saying you need to jump from every day to once a week, but even every other day is good for a lot of people's hair, especially if yours seems dry. Initially you're going to be disgusted because your hair will look so oily, but your scalp is just producing that much oil frantically trying to replace what you wash off everyday. If you wash it less, it'll realize you don't need as much oil and the production will decrease. I wash mine on Thursday nights and then don't wash it again until Monday morning since my hair is in a bun majority of most weekends anyway.

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and just wrap my hair in a tight bun on top of my head and shower after every workout. If the suggestion was for dryness, you could even wet your hair and leave it or wet and condition it, just skip the shampoo.

I do way too much social media stalking. I need to stop.

Hello, twin. LOL. I've never been smooth around guys (I can only be that way if I feel that I have control over the situation, and that is never the case if the guy is super attractive). *sigh*

Last edited:
I wash it every 3 to 4 days, and I go to the gym 4 days a week. I'm not a big sweater, so that may be my key, but try using dry shampoo. Usually by day 3 my hair is pulled back in a bun.

Every other week, at the most once a week

I also don't wash my hair myself (I go to the salon) (I think I've washed my hair myself 4 times since March 2015 )

I'm black though.

what @Alexx said. also dry shampoo/baby powder/corn starch will be your friend. Not saying you need to jump from every day to once a week, but even every other day is good for a lot of people's hair, especially if yours seems dry. Initially you're going to be disgusted because your hair will look so oily, but your scalp is just producing that much oil frantically trying to replace what you wash off everyday. If you wash it less, it'll realize you don't need as much oil and the production will decrease. I wash mine on Thursday nights and then don't wash it again until Monday morning since my hair is in a bun majority of most weekends anyway.

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and just wrap my hair in a tight bun on top of my head and shower after every workout. If the suggestion was for dryness, you could even wet your hair and leave it or wet and condition it, just skip the shampoo.
So you don't wash it after every workout? She suggested buying a shower cap for showers and using dry shampoo. I'll try doing every other day for now. Thanks for the help!

I have curly that is very dry. I wash mine with shampoo maybe once a month, and when I do, I use "no-poo" which is a sulfate free, non-sudsing shampoo. I do shower every day (usually), wet my hair and rinse it out thoroughly, and then use conditioner and all my hair products. I do not have good "day 2" hair unless it is in a pony with a baseball hat.

I am AA too and I wash my hair once a week, but I often dry shampoo my hair, like every other day... But in the summer months I dry shampoo and apply conditioning only to not strip the natural oils from my hair...

Latest posts

Back