High School Nhscc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We compete Gameday and traditional this year- we are having a BLAST with Gameday- but would definitely make that concession.

We’ve done GD in the past, but ultimately it was a little much for us logistically. The girls liked having another performance opportunity to look forward to, but the time it took to create/rehearse a whole new routine and the money required for props/additional fees was just a bit overwhelming.

And weirdly, the girls had a real hard time connecting to the crowdleading parts. The long periods of uninterrupted rallying required of them made them feel self-conscious. Maybe it’s because a lot of them are AS trained, but of all the things they could’ve complained about in a new routine, I did not expect them to object to the easiest part.

We compete Gameday and traditional this year- we are having a BLAST with Gameday- but would definitely make that concession.

Gameday is just fun for the kids. I like how it takes the stress off them and puts it on me as a choreographer. If you want to be successful, make sure it’s easy, clean, and creatively crowd-leading. Since we started doing it, I’ve basically let my kids do a lot of the choreo with my guidance. They enjoy coming up with ways to use signs and megaphones and such.

Back