High School No Cheer Coach...help Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 25, 2011
We have no cheer coach :( she had to quit because of family business and whatever....i've been trying to find a cheer coach...and i dont think any of my team mates have considered to look. But i'm from a small school in michigan...any ideas of how to find a cheer coach?

Your school will advertise the position, take applications, interview applicants and make a decision.

Ehh....they've put it on the internet on the school site..but they could care less..they dont care for cheerleading...they could go without :(

Go to Allstar gyms in the area (if there are any) or a Gymnastics facility and ask if any of their coaches would be willing to apply

What part of Michigan? If there are any colleges around with cheer teams they may also be a good place to find coaches. Some of the coaches at my CPs gym are currently college cheerleaders.

post on cheerjobs.net if its not already there. I've found so many people from there as well as the other ideas that people have already listed! Good Luck!

Your school will advertise the position, take applications, interview applicants and make a decision.

your athletic director will take care of it most likely

Not necessarily. My daughter's school was going to just not have cheerleading this year, :eek: rather than put in the effort to find a new coach (her coach also had to leave at the end of last season). The coach has to be a teacher in the school system so the girls (mostly my daughter) wrote a letter to all the teachers they thought would consider it, and then followed upwith each teacher in person. They did find one, but it was only through their efforts, not the school's - you have to remember a LOT of schools do not care about cheerleading. If it's there, great. If it's not, that's great too. Not all athletic directors will actually put in the time and work required to find a new coach for something so trivial as cheer (especially not at this time of year).

Not necessarily. My daughter's school was going to just not have cheerleading this year, :eek: rather than put in the effort to find a new coach (her coach also had to leave at the end of last season). The coach has to be a teacher in the school system so the girls (mostly my daughter) wrote a letter to all the teachers they thought would consider it, and then followed upwith each teacher in person. They did find one, but it was only through their efforts, not the school's - you have to remember a LOT of schools do not care about cheerleading. If it's there, great. If it's not, that's great too. Not all athletic directors will actually put in the time and work required to find a new coach for something so trivial as cheer (especially not at this time of year).

Yeah, that's the problem we kinda had. so i went to all my friends who were previous cheerleaders...but we FINALLY found a coach. But we will only have 4 practices before our first game. and alot of the girls are just starting cheer and do not know what it's about

Back