All-Star Non Sanctioned Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 3, 2014
hi!
We are only a second year squad and are looking for mom USASF sanctioned competitions that can prepare our girls this year to compete at the usasf level next year. We're located in Georgia so any information on companies that put on competitions in the southeast that are not sanctioned events would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many of the EPs/Events on that list are sanctioned, maybe all of them.
Thank you for the clarification. Was a quick search on my phone.

Personally I don't see sky reason to avoid a usasf sanctioned event for a new or inexperienced team. The EP's put on events of all sizes.

**Oops, posted in the wrong thread**

Thank you for the clarification. Was a quick search on my phone.

Personally I don't see sky reason to avoid a usasf sanctioned event for a new or inexperienced team. The EP's put on events of all sizes.

**Oops, posted in the wrong thread**

I believe the "Independent" is meant to be a sign of independence from Varsity and Jammy, not independence from the USASF.

I agree there is a USASF sanctioned event for all types of teams.

You could look into all-star prep if you're nervous about competing against normal all-star teams.

I agree that you shouldn't rule out USASF sanctioned events. You can also exhibition rather than compete. In my state (not Georgia), several all star gyms host competitions throughout the season and will create a division for any type of team. These are great starter comps!

Thank you all so much for the information!
With our sesaon already underway we will DEF be doing sanctioned events next season, it was just something we didn't want to throw the girls into, mainly because most of them have never done all stars in the first place :)

Thank you!

I think the desire to avoid USASF sanctioned events is either a philosophical or a cost-saving measure - either you don't agree with the USASF for whatever reason (which I respect the right of any business owner to have any philosophy she chooses), or you want to avoid the myriad fees associated with USASF sanctioned events: athlete memberships (applies to regular all star as well as prep teams), coach professional memberships and background checks through the USASF-approved company for any coach going into warm ups at sanctioned events (many gyms already have completed background checks on staff; if these haven't been done through NCSI, they must be reaccomplished and another fee paid per coach). So, even though there are benefits to attending USASF sanctioned events, including a standard of safety for the event and warm ups, there may be valid reasons a gym may wish to avoid them, as well.

OP - I'm not familiar with an organized list of non-sanctioned events, but I'll check around and see what I can find :)

Back