Northern Jersey All Star Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 16, 2014
So since I'm starting high school in september I was going to tryout for cheer. I also want to get better in tumbling and stunting. The all star gyms I find are in mid-Jersey or south Jersey. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any Northern jersey All Star Gyms.

Star Athletics is amazing!
(Boonton,nj)
I assume this is northern NJ.

My daughter competed against there extremely talented small j2 at NCA.
The class those girls showed and how nice they have been to our girls means so much to everyone! Forever a fan of theirs! What a great group of kids, and amazingly talented program at many levels!

What area are you in?

As Kris said, Star is in Boonton. They are an excellent program that prides itself on preparing their athletes for both the mental and physical aspects of competition. Their owner won "Small gym owner of the year" award a couple of years ago.

You also have Just Cheer in Fairfield (close to the Willowbrook Mall). The sent two teams to Worlds last season.

Both World Cup Phoenix and Valley Elite are just over the border from Phillipsburg, in Easton, PA.

Gems and Northern Elite Cheer are north too, but I know very little about those programs.

Last edited:
Well, we have quite a few small gyms in the Northern, NJ area - I will name a few:
Central Jersey Allstar, Kenilworth (although, the name says Central Jersey it location is more Northern, NJ)
Liberty Allstars, Jersey City, NJ
Cheer Academy, Bridgewater, NJ
Northern Elite, Flanders, NJ
Jerzey Jewelz, Westfield, NJ
The Cheer House, Garfield, NJ
NJ Heat, Edison, NJ
Park Elite Allstars - Roselle Park, NJ
That is just naming a few offhand...Hope some of these are in your neighborhood...

Last edited:
Well, we have quite a few small gyms in the Northern, NJ area - I will name a few:
Central Jersey Allstar, Kenilworth (although, the name says Central Jersey it location is more Northern, NJ

NJ Heat, Edison, NJ
That is just naming a few offhand...Hope some of these are in your neighborhood...

You must be looking at an old list.

Last edited:
Central Jersey Allstar, Kenilworth (although, the name says Central Jersey it location is more Northern, NJ

NJ Heat, Edison, NJ

I live in Edison and Edison isn't really north jersey. IMO.

Anything past 140 on GSP for me is north lol

I think it is on each person perspective, I basically, looked at a map of NJ and evenly split it in three equal sections and decided that the top section represented all the cities in the North, the middle section represented all the cities in the Central and the last section represented all the cities in the South when I placed the gyms...
Yes, the person who mentioned that Cheer Academy is now Evolution is absolutely correct and I was typing this and really thinking of Cheer University, but this gym is actually more Central Jersey...

I think it is on each person perspective, I basically, looked at a map of NJ and evenly split it in three equal sections and decided that the top section represented all the cities in the North, the middle section represented all the cities in the Central and the last section represented all the cities in the South when I placed the gyms...
Yes, the person who mentioned that Cheer Academy is now Evolution is absolutely correct and I was typing this and really thinking of Cheer University, but this gym is actually more Central Jersey...
Yeah Cheer U is only 10 mins from World Cup haha

To the OP- check out CJA, star athletics, and just cheer. They are all great programs in north jersey

What area are you in?

As Kris said, Star is in Boonton. They are an excellent program that prides itself on preparing their athletes for both the mental and physical aspects of competition. Their owner won "Small gym owner of the year" award a couple of years ago.

You also have Just Cheer in Fairfield (close to the Willowbrook Mall). The sent two teams to Worlds last season.

Going to north western-ish NJ, you have Evolution in Bridgwater . It is a smaller and young gym that is definitely starting to make a name for itself.

Both World Cup Phoenix and Valley Elite are just over the border from Phillipsburg, in Easton, PA.

Gems and Northern Elite Cheer are north too, but I know very little about those programs.

Well I live in Passaic County.. If that helps.
I think I'll try Just cheer it's really close. Thanks!

Well I live in Passaic County.. If that helps.
I think I'll try Just cheer it's really close. Thanks!

There are two more near you then. One is in Garfield called The Cheer House, and another small one in East Rutherford which I don't remember the name. I would definitely start with Just Cheer, if I were you. Whenever cp has competed against them, I have always noticed how much fun and how close they seem to be having.

There are two more near you then. One is in Garfield called The Cheer House, and another small one in East Rutherford which I don't remember the name. I would definitely start with Just Cheer, if I were you. Whenever cp has competed against them, I have always noticed how much fun and how close they seem to be having.

Okay I try it out! THANKS!!

Back