Open Teams In Ma?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 7, 2015
Hello everyone! So background: I just graduated college this past May and I'm 22. The last year I cheered was when I was a senior in HS, though I've always gone back to stunt and practice at my old gym whenever I'm back home. My plan has always been to try out for an I5 (coed or all girl) team since there were plenty where I used to live. Plans changed and I got an amazing pre-grad school position in Boston MA, a lot further away than I planned on being from home.

Anyway, I checked on the Open Teams list and there were only 3 teams listed for Massachusetts. The closest one to me was Ultimate Starz Athletics but I don't believe they still have an open team. East Celebrity Elite isn't listed and I don't think they are still taking people if they have an open team. If anyone knows of any other gyms in MA that have open teams and are still accepting athletes, please let me know. Or if anyone knows how to get in touch with some older people still involved in all star cheer in this area, I would really appreciate that too. Thanks!!

ECE has an IO5, Pro Athletics has an IOC5, Full House has IO6 and IOC6. Bravo had an IOC5 last year, not sure what their situation is this year.

Those are what I can think of off the top of my head. The only one I can speak to any authority on is Full House, and we're still taking people, but it's level 6.

Last edited:
ECE i5 and pro athletics ioc5 are currently full but I would still contact them if I were you! Also definitely check out full house they are an amazing program for international teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECE i5 and pro athletics ioc5 are currently full but I would still contact them if I were you! Also definitely check out full house they are an amazing program for international teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Having a full roster doesn't always mean they won't take more athletes! Did you move to Boston from out of state? If so and you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me!

@stuntjumptumble @Ashley thanks for the advice, I've contacted both Pro and ECE! I don't think I'm prepared for open level 6 since I haven't actually cheered in awhile.

@quitthedrama yep, I just came here this month from out of state. I'll be sending you a PM!

To all: does anyone know if there are any open 4 or recommendations for privates, possibly some smaller places closer than Pro/ECE? I'm not completely familiar with traffic and such in the area, so lots of places don't seem far but they probably are.I currently live along the orange line and share a car, so transportation isnt an issue just not sure how long it takes to drive out of the city.

I thought I heard Bravo Cheer in Woburn might have an Open 4 team.

@stuntjumptumble @Ashley thanks for the advice, I've contacted both Pro and ECE! I don't think I'm prepared for open level 6 since I haven't actually cheered in awhile.

@quitthedrama yep, I just came here this month from out of state. I'll be sending you a PM!

To all: does anyone know if there are any open 4 or recommendations for privates, possibly some smaller places closer than Pro/ECE? I'm not completely familiar with traffic and such in the area, so lots of places don't seem far but they probably are.I currently live along the orange line and share a car, so transportation isnt an issue just not sure how long it takes to drive out of the city.

At least in New England, IO5 is going to have a lot more competition and is more difficult than level 6.

Which part of the orange line? On the northern end or southern? Traffic will ultimately depend on when you're driving. On a weekend, you'll be fine. On a weeknight, it's going to take you awhile to get to either.

@Ashley southern end, in Jamaica Plain. Thanks for the tips about traffic and level 6! Places in my hometown haven't had level 6 teams in awhile so I just assumed it was tougher. I'm looking up info about Full House - do you know who would be best to contact for the open teams there?

@Ashley southern end, in Jamaica Plain. Thanks for the tips about traffic and level 6! Places in my hometown haven't had level 6 teams in awhile so I just assumed it was tougher. I'm looking up info about Full House - do you know who would be best to contact for the open teams there?

Technically, level 6 is more difficult than level 5. But in practice, I5 teams tend to be way more competitive and practice more than once a week, while level 6 teams tend to be once a week teams without quite the same level of commitment.

Ok, so if you're in JP (Northeastern?), then getting to ECE or Pro during the week is going to be a nightmare, unless practices are at like 8PM. 7 might be doable, but will still be rough.

As for the best contact at Full House, that would probably be me. I'm basically team mom for the open teams (or at least IOC6), so feel free to PM me.

Back