OT Pa-3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I saw it, was pretty good. I just wish that the trailer wasn't more exciting than the movie. I loved the last 20 minutes or so, had my eyes closed almost the entire time I just thought that they should've added a bit more. It ended and I was like, wait is it over? It seemed a bit rushed. I just felt like they just ended and didn't answer a lot of questions and they may have done that to keep it open to at least one more. I hope they make atleast one more because I wanna find out what happened to baby Hunter and stuff. Also, I wonder who was watching the tapes at the beginning because they were stolen, so someone must be watching them I think. I think if the trailer wasn't so amazing then I would love it more but they set my expectations really high with the fire, the throwing around, the girl jumping off balcony, and the bloody mary scene and none of those were in the movie. My favorite scene was the part with the sheet. I also LOOOVED the thing they did with the camera that was set on that fan, it was really intense waiting for the camera to go back and forth. It was overall a good movie.

I saw it, was pretty good. I just wish that the trailer wasn't more exciting than the movie. I loved the last 20 minutes or so, had my eyes closed almost the entire time I just thought that they should've added a bit more. It ended and I was like, wait is it over? It seemed a bit rushed. I just felt like they just ended and didn't answer a lot of questions and they may have done that to keep it open to at least one more. I hope they make atleast one more because I wanna find out what happened to baby Hunter and stuff. Also, I wonder who was watching the tapes at the beginning because they were stolen, so someone must be watching them I think. I think if the trailer wasn't so amazing then I would love it more but they set my expectations really high with the fire, the throwing around, the girl jumping off balcony, and the bloody mary scene and none of those were in the movie. My favorite scene was the part with the sheet. I also LOOOVED the thing they did with the camera that was set on that fan, it was really intense waiting for the camera to go back and forth. It was overall a good movie.

UGHHHH that stupid fan cam had me so mad. the anticipation of what was going to be there! ughhhh.. i did like the fact that they didnt show things in the movie that we're in the previewi think some movies show their best in the trailer and you already know whats going to happen in the film and then underwhelmed. now that i look back at it and think about it i do think they rushed it and did some things that confused me they could of took us on a journey with this story and i think they focused more on just scaring everyone (which is okay too but still).

i think IF they do open up another one its going to show what happened to the little boy.. and the prequal will be with the GRANDMOTHER! but then again thats just my idea!

UGHHHH that stupid fan cam had me so mad. the anticipation of what was going to be there! ughhhh.. i did like the fact that they didnt show things in the movie that we're in the previewi think some movies show their best in the trailer and you already know whats going to happen in the film and then underwhelmed. now that i look back at it and think about it i do think they rushed it and did some things that confused me they could of took us on a journey with this story and i think they focused more on just scaring everyone (which is okay too but still).

i think IF they do open up another one its going to show what happened to the little boy.. and the prequal will be with the GRANDMOTHER! but then again thats just my idea!
Yeah I hate when trailers show the whole movie and you know what's going to happen. I think it would be cool to do one that has something to do with Alli. I think they kept her alive for a reason and in PA2 she seemed really interested about what was going on, as long as I find out sooner or later what's going on with Katie and Hunter I'll be happy. I liked how we found out why the demon was there and I wasn't expecting that reason, caught me off guard when I saw all those people. I knew it was going to have something to do with the grandma when she goes "don't you want a boy?" Also, I'm confused because I kinda had my eyes closed lol, but did the mom die? If she did it wouldn't make sense because in the first PA Micah says something about not inviting Katie's mom over anymore, as a joke, and in PA2 Katie and Kristie were talking about her.

Yeah I hate when trailers show the whole movie and you know what's going to happen. I think it would be cool to do one that has something to do with Alli. I think they kept her alive for a reason and in PA2 she seemed really interested about what was going on, as long as I find out sooner or later what's going on with Katie and Hunter I'll be happy. I liked how we found out why the demon was there and I wasn't expecting that reason, caught me off guard when I saw all those people. I knew it was going to have something to do with the grandma when she goes "don't you want a boy?" Also, I'm confused because I kinda had my eyes closed lol, but did the mom die? If she did it wouldn't make sense because in the first PA Micah says something about not inviting Katie's mom over anymore, as a joke, and in PA2 Katie and Kristie were talking about her.

The mom (grandmother) isnt dead... Katie and Kristies mom did die i thought the B*#%& was going to come trough the screen i wanted to swing at the screen LOLLL! but yes from what the film showed she did die along with the father.

The mom (grandmother) isnt dead... Katie and Kristies mom did die i thought the B*#%& was going to come trough the screen i wanted to swing at the screen LOLLL! but yes from what the film showed she did die along with the father.
Yeah, that's who I was talking about, it doesn't make sense and may be something they missed but maybe they did it on purpose. The mom seemed very much alive in the first 2 b/c they both talk about her, but maybe that had something to do with the brainwashing?
Also, remember in the trailer where the 2 girls were playing bloody mary and they leave and there's a figure there? I at first thought it had something to do with Katie, but remember in the movie where Dennis was in the grandma's house in the room and someone appears behind him. That figure looks like the one in the trailer and I guess it makes sense. I only shared that b/c it made me feel smart :)
One reason I really like the movies is that you get to think about it and connect everything, or attempt to, you look at small details trying to figure everything out, they answer one question, but add some new questions. I love it.
If they don't have a number 4 they're going to be leaving this franchise on a bad note, I liked it but I've read a lot didn't and the ending was too sudden w/ unanswered questions for this to be the end.
p.s I love how this thread so far is just a convo between us.

Yeah, that's who I was talking about, it doesn't make sense and may be something they missed but maybe they did it on purpose. The mom seemed very much alive in the first 2 b/c they both talk about her, but maybe that had something to do with the brainwashing?
Also, remember in the trailer where the 2 girls were playing bloody mary and they leave and there's a figure there? I at first thought it had something to do with Katie, but remember in the movie where Dennis was in the grandma's house in the room and someone appears behind him. That figure looks like the one in the trailer and I guess it makes sense. I only shared that b/c it made me feel smart :)
One reason I really like the movies is that you get to think about it and connect everything, or attempt to, you look at small details trying to figure everything out, they answer one question, but add some new questions. I love it.
If they don't have a number 4 they're going to be leaving this franchise on a bad note, I liked it but I've read a lot didn't and the ending was too sudden w/ unanswered questions for this to be the end.

I think the "woman figure in the trailer and in the house" i think it was the grandmother.. and the reason why they didnt show the bloody mary scene with the girls is because they wanted to throw you off so yeeeah just my opinion!

i do think they will have a number 4 if not ill be upset!

and as i was reading your reply post i was thinking the same "only us in this convo" HHAHA!

This is why I also love these movies! And I saw it Friday night with my friends, it was AMAZING. The fan cam made me squirm lol I hated it. What do you guys think the scariest part was? I'm not a screamer/squirm-er/hider/jumper at scary things and scary movies are my favorite things ever but the kitchen part made me jump a little and so did the bedroom scene when Katie was sucked into that little closet thing. So far, the PA movies are the only movies that really scare me (in a good way).
I can also see them making atleast 2 or 3 more movies here though (which, hey, I'm not complaining about). There's a lot of things we need to find out about:
-What happened to Hunter?
-The back story of the grandma and her coolio "knitting club"/How was the demon brought into the family?
-What was the house fire that burnt all their family photos and everything?
-What happened to the girls after the grandma took them upstairs at the end of the movie and said "C'mon. We have to get you dressed up for the ceremony"? Is she marrying Toby? I mean, when they were playing "dress up" with grandma, she said she was marrying Toby. And she was dead serious when she said that... they all were.
I mean, there are 3 different time periods to those questions... anyways I'm super excited to see what actually plays out with this franchise. And I'm glad I get to join the conversation :)

This is why I also love these movies! And I saw it Friday night with my friends, it was AMAZING. The fan cam made me squirm lol I hated it. What do you guys think the scariest part was? I'm not a screamer/squirm-er/hider/jumper at scary things and scary movies are my favorite things ever but the kitchen part made me jump a little and so did the bedroom scene when Katie was sucked into that little closet thing. So far, the PA movies are the only movies that really scare me (in a good way).
I can also see them making atleast 2 or 3 more movies here though (which, hey, I'm not complaining about). There's a lot of things we need to find out about:
-What happened to Hunter?
-The back story of the grandma and her coolio "knitting club"/How was the demon brought into the family?
-What was the house fire that burnt all their family photos and everything?
-What happened to the girls after the grandma took them upstairs at the end of the movie and said "C'mon. We have to get you dressed up for the ceremony"? Is she marrying Toby? I mean, when they were playing "dress up" with grandma, she said she was marrying Toby. And she was dead serious when she said that... they all were.
I mean, there are 3 different time periods to those questions... anyways I'm super excited to see what actually plays out with this franchise. And I'm glad I get to join the conversation :)
I can't choose a scariest part, it was just all scary. But the last 15 minutes, were wow, I barely watched.
-I'm afraid we'll never know what happened to Hunter, I really want to but we all kinda know what the deal was about, they sacrificed the male I think, or Toby took over, not sure. We all just don't want to believe that he died b/c he was just a little boy. I'm not sure if we could do another prequel because of the camera issue, no cameras back then or at least good ones. My ideal ending is that Toby lets Hunter go and he's happy but the odds of that happening are slim. I hope they answer that question though.
-Seeing the fire outside of the house makes me think that there no burned down house. Maybe that cult just took possessions and "evidence" to hide and brainwashed the girls. Idk, I didn't make the movie so I'm just being creative, if the house was really significant I would think they would show it. Or maybe it did, but we didn't find out this movie and will have to wait until they possibly make a 4th.
-Not sure about a lot of these questions, all we can do is come up with possible reasons for why they did what they did. The Paranormal Activity movies are the type of movie franchise that doesn't like to do the expected, they probably go one sites and read what viewers say and do the exact opposite so it throws them off. I've come up with so many different explanations to all of these questions that I've lost count.

Back