Pain When Doing The Splits ??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 29, 2020
So I had been stretching my splits daily for about a week, I stretched a lot bc I wanted to get them quickly. About 5 days ago, I slide into my side splits and got a weird pain in my butt/upper inner thigh at the back of my thigh. It's like an uncomfortable pain, not unbearable or severe but it still worries me. I rested it for 5 days but I just tried again and the pain isn't gone?? It doesn't hurt when I walk or sit or do anything but the splits and I didn't hear a pop or any weird noise. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what to do or what the issue could be? Will it ever go away? I've tried looking it up online but everyone else seems to have different issues. Btw I only stretch after working out so ik its not that

You may have torn a muscle. Go to a doc and get checked out and ask if you need a physical therapy referral for some exercise to help it. Kiddo tore her hamstring doing a toe touch and took months to heal but the physical therapy was crucial to her recovery. I dont know if you have the same and no one can except a doctor. So that's my best advice, seek a professional for diagnosis. Good luck.

You may have torn a muscle. Go to a doc and get checked out and ask if you need a physical therapy referral for some exercise to help it. Kiddo tore her hamstring doing a toe touch and took months to heal but the physical therapy was crucial to her recovery. I dont know if you have the same and no one can except a doctor. So that's my best advice, seek a professional for diagnosis. Good luck.
thank u!

I tore my hamstring way up high when I was in college because of a dumb stretch a new coach had me do. Sadly, it never got better. I'm a mom now and all these years later, I still have pain in that area and I lost a ton of my flexibility in that leg that I never recovered. I was a poor college kid with no insurance who couldn't afford a doctor or PT, so that didn't help, but it still frustrates me now that it has never fully recovered.

Back