Partner Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

J

Justin

So in our partner stunting I feel like my flyer is coming down really hard still when she lands on the floor. What are some tips or techniques that you guys can suggest or recommend that I do to help her land more softly.

my base and i had the exact same problem!
everytime we just popped of we would heard a loud thud and think 'was that us?'
and i talked it over with him and he decided to change his grip.
when we popped off he usually followed my hips down to the ground and that was when it was a hard landing. so he changed his grip so when he popped me off he pushed a little higher and catching with higher arms he catched and followed my bum to the ground while i held onto his hands for a bit of stability to ease the landing. This helped so much! also have you talked to your flyer about it? because sometimes if she is land heels and toes at the same time instead of toes than heels or heels then toes it can give the impression that she is hitting the floor much harder because she cant absorb the landing.

It could also be your flyer's fault. If she isn't leaning back a bit when you pop off, it's hard for you to catch. Make sure she leans into you and grabs your wrists to slow herself down.

What BuegeSmalls said. Also, he can pop higher, jump to catch earlier, and RESIST. If he catches, then makes sure he brings his elbows in to his body, it will help a lot. Just be careful with that - if you're really short, and puts a lot of oomph into it he will stop you completely before your feet touch the ground and you will fall on your face (yes, I AM speaking from experience and have dropped someone on their face).

Back