OT Picking A College To Cheer At...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 23, 2011
I've tried finding as much information on this as possible but here is my situation..
I want to cheer in college for sure, but how do people chose which school to stick with? For example, I'm looking at University of Hawaii and Florida State as some of my top picks. Would I try out for UH and see if I make it, if not, go for FSU? What If I make FSU first, but then go to UH tryout and make UH and decided to go with UH?!
Does anyone get what i'm trying to say?

Another question, does anyone know if UH gives out scholarships for cheer? I read on their website that they do but does anyone know for sure that they still do and how much? Also, do you apply for the scholarship before making the team or do you not receive the money till a few months after making the team?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated! :D

My friend was just talking to me about this as her daughter is going through this right now. Reach out to the coach. Very often they can answer many of your questions, including the ones about scholarships. Also you probably want to arrange to meet with them (not sure how realistic that is for UH) in a 1:1 situation before tryouts or a larger group information meeting so they can get to know you a little more personally.

My friend was just talking to me about this as her daughter is going through this right now. Reach out to the coach. Very often they can answer many of your questions, including the ones about scholarships. Also you probably want to arrange to meet with them (not sure how realistic that is for UH) in a 1:1 situation before tryouts or a larger group information meeting so they can get to know you a little more personally.
Thank you! I have emailed the coach already but I'm just waiting on an answer :) But I'm definitely planning on making a trip over there before I make my final decision on what to go for :)

Thank you! I have emailed the coach already but I'm just waiting on an answer :) But I'm definitely planning on making a trip over there before I make my final decision on what to go for :)
CHEER AT FSU WITH ME:D hehe that is if I can get enough scholarships to go... Holy out of state expensive...

Back