High School Please Delete Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is mixing other people's work really original? I feel like it's shady.
I don't get paid for remaking somebody else's work. I only do those mixes for fun - it's fun for me to take a mix and dissect it and try to recreate it from scratch. I state it clear in the descriptions that they are remakes of other peoples work and that I do not own any creative or innovative credit for them.

I don't get paid for remaking somebody else's work. I only do those mixes for fun - it's fun for me to take a mix and dissect it and try to recreate it from scratch. I state it clear in the descriptions that they are remakes of other peoples work and that I do not own any creative or innovative credit for them.
Pretty sure your first post said prices vary according to what they want. Also, do you have the original producers authorization to be remixing their mix? Isn't that stealing their work.

Pretty sure your first post said prices vary according to what they want. Also, do you have the original producers authorization to be remixing their mix? Isn't that stealing their work.
I charge for custom mixes, not remakes. And I don't think it's stealing their work because I don't use pieces of their work, I just try to make something similar to what they did from scratch - and I don't take credit for it either. I am very explicit in saying it is somebody else's ideas and creation that I remade.

I charge for custom mixes, not remakes. And I don't think it's stealing their work because I don't use pieces of their work, I just try to make something similar to what they did from scratch - and I don't take credit for it either. I am very explicit in saying it is somebody else's ideas and creation that I remade.
Doesn't matter what you think. If IP law says that you're stealing, then you're stealing.

You might want to take a look at the laws because you probably need their permission to do it legally.
What do you mean you dont use their work? You totally contradicted yourself when you said you use someone else's idea?

You might want to take a look at the laws because you probably need their permission to do it legally.
What do you mean you dont use their work? You totally contradicted yourself when you said you use someone else's idea?
Deleting thread now, not worth the trouble. Thank you guys for your input.

Latest posts

Back