High School Politics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

All of the girls know that they could all be taken off the mat at anytime. They all need to keep working for their spots all season. Girl A is actually refusing to tumble with the team. (we hire out spotters to come in to the High School every week) She says she's too embarrassed to tumble in front of her team because she is so far behind. She claims that she's going to start going to a gymnastics gym to get private lessons, which is great! But she hasn't been going, she's not even signed up. She says she doesn't have time. The rest of the team has no opinion on it. They have all been with me for several years, i've only graduated 3 seniors in 2 years. Quite a few of them i've coached since elementary school. They let me know all the time that they trust me completely. They've even gone as far as to say that they don't envy the decisions I have to make.
She obviously isn't dedicated, or trying to improve. She's known that losing her spot is a possibility. I would have no problem replacing her. I'm all for giving extra time to girls that are trying, but I personally have no patience for girls that have no desire to improve or put in the work!

And honestly, "I don't want to tumble with the group" wouldn't be an option for my girls and guys. It's either tumble when I tell you to or get out of my gym (I coach college, so maybe that makes a difference.)
I coach middle school and that wouldn't be an option! lol. I'm with you. If you have no desire to improve, get out and don't waste everyones time and your parents money!

As a random parent..my feelings are always that I pay the coach to pout the best team on the floor...period...I know its hard to feel like you are snubbing amazing parents...but at the end of the day...if those parents want you to put their kid on a team not because of her talent but because of their deeds....that should tell you about those parents....truth be known....they will probably be fine...if not...there is your answer...IMO....snug spot:( hope it works out for you!

As a random parent..my feelings are always that I pay the coach to pout the best team on the floor...period...I know its hard to feel like you are snubbing amazing parents...but at the end of the day...if those parents want you to put their kid on a team not because of her talent but because of their deeds....that should tell you about those parents....truth be known....they will probably be fine...if not...there is your answer...IMO....snug spot:( hope it works out for you!

Right. And in HS, the parents done pay me a dime, the school district does. And they want me to win. So as far as i'm concerned they don't have much say in what i do.

Thanks so much for the input!

Back