All-Star Prayers To Those In The Path Of Hurricane Sandy...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheercurl

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
This storm is scaring the bejeesus out of me...we are inland NJ but expecting 80-90 mile hours wind and torrential rain, maybe for days? School is canceled for Monday and Tuesday. I have never experienced anything like this and I have lived here my entire life! I don't like the words: "Historical" and "Nothing like this ever seen in anyones lifetime?????" WHAT DOES that mean? Like for real?:help:

Stay safe everyone!

This storm is scaring the bejeesus out of me...we are inland NJ but expecting 80-90 mile hours wind and torrential rain, maybe for days? School is canceled for Monday and Tuesday. I have never experienced anything like this and I have lived here my entire life! I don't like the words: "Historical" and "Nothing like this ever seen in anyones lifetime?????" WHAT DOES that mean? Like for real?:help:

Stay safe everyone!
I'm in the same situation! My parents are filling up buckets with water :eek:

I'm in Central New Jersey and I have a real bad feeling about this one! Never felt this way about Floyd or Irene, both which had flooding and made my town into an island. School and activities have been canceled here through Tuesday night.

Let's pray for all those on the Jersey Shore where it looks like they'll get a direct hit!

In NYC..stocking up on water and candles.

I'm also the crazy person who has a bake-a-thon all set for tonight lol
OOOOooooo I like that idea....baking before my electricity goes out because for some reason those high end are electric but the burners are gas??? Well at least we can still heat things up.

thanks cheercurl ! you stay safe too!

that lovely arrow on the weather channel map points directly to my house basically, so seeya fierceboard! i wasn't scared until one of my professors sent out an email about moving assignment due dates and requested that we email her by thursday to let her know whether or not we have survived. uhhh WHAT?!

off to board my windows or something...

I'm in MA, they've canceled a lot of schools and all non-essential state employees are told to stay home. The MBTA is still running tomorrow (unlike the MTA in NYC) so I'm probably still going to have to go into work. We're supposed to get instructions at 6, so hopefully I can work from home.

If we lose power I can't cook anything since I have an electric stove. Guess ill be eating a lot of peanut butter sandwiches and dry cereal.

We're not going to get it that bad up here though. Good luck to everyone in PA, NJ, NYC etc. stay safe!

CP made it back from Jersey and DH made it back from Texas so at least I wont be alone here in the beautiful Hudson Valley.... We have electric everything so no power equals no water, stove, heat.... but we will fill our tubs with water and huddle together in our snuggies around the candlelight much as we did 1 year ago! Happy Halloween....not...... 2nd year in a row what are the chances???

thanks cheercurl ! you stay safe too!

that lovely arrow on the weather channel map points directly to my house basically, so seeya fierceboard! i wasn't scared until one of my professors sent out an email about moving assignment due dates and requested that we email her by thursday to let her know whether or not we have survived. uhhh WHAT?!

off to board my windows or something...
I hope you evacuate inland...read the article I just posted. This sounds like Katrina without the Levees breaking

I hope you evacuate inland...read the article I just posted. This sounds like Katrina without the Levees breaking

very scary. i believe i will be going to my cousins house... not sure how much more "inland" that is considered, but at least it is above sea level whereas my house is below sea level. probably one of the only occasions where your entire family living in the same town is a problem. my family also travels with a total of 9 dogs (not to mention multiple 150+ lb Rottweilers), so not many places to go.

Latest posts

Back