OT Prom Ideas?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 28, 2010
Okay, so I'm one of the people organizing senior prom this year, and I think we are going to have a little bit of extra budget to spend :) YAY!

We've done the venue (which comes with a fairly basic food buffet, so some money might be spend adding to this a little), photographer, security, and DJ, so now I'm just trying to think of some little extras to do that would be fun for everyone :)

So far, Ive come up with candy trees - Large Candy Tree Kit ( Do It Yourself ) Does Not include sweets | eBay
and maybe a prom favor, like what you get at weddings, so like a little organza bag filled with little sweets and a "good luck for the future" message?

Other than what Ive already said, does anyone else have any ideas of what we could add?
Any mini "activities" to do at prom (a friends school had a circus themed prom, and they had tarrot card readers which was cool, but ours isnt themed, its just formal, so anything like that?)
Thanks!
p.s. this is for an English prom, so we don't really do prom king/queen

Honestly, I'd save the money on the favors. We got picture frames at our proms, and at several college formals. I never put a picture in one of them, and they got thrown out a few years later. I've been to a million showers and weddings where they give a little favor...and those all end up in the trash too-actually, I usually just leave them on the table. So, my vote is to not get the favors and put that extra money towards something for the prom...someone mentioned a photo booth, that would be cool. If there's a college nearby that has photography students, maybe they'd be willing to come and do photos like they do for weddings, and post them online for people to buy. That would be fun.

We already have a photographer, my friends dad owns a photography company, he's done all our team photos and so I asked him to do our prom :)
It's a good point about the favours though

Honestly, I'd save the money on the favors. We got picture frames at our proms, and at several college formals. I never put a picture in one of them, and they got thrown out a few years later. I've been to a million showers and weddings where they give a little favor...and those all end up in the trash too-actually, I usually just leave them on the table. So, my vote is to not get the favors and put that extra money towards something for the prom...someone mentioned a photo booth, that would be cool. If there's a college nearby that has photography students, maybe they'd be willing to come and do photos like they do for weddings, and post them online for people to buy. That would be fun.

awww no don't skip the favors. My little sister is currently getting ready for prom and my mom found my old prom champagne flute that they gave out back in 03 when I went to prom (it has the year and prom theme on it) (she was unpacking boxes after moving back into her house after a fire) and she called and asked If I wanted it so I said sure.. So I went by and got it and had it on my counter in my kitchen. Last week I was skyping with my ex boyfriend/senior prom date and he could see it on my counter and was like "Oh Erin ya be drinking?... wait a minute is that from prom?" and I said yeah and then he started talking about us going to prom together and recalling stories I'd completely forgotten (like me getting mad at him at an after party etc)... it was the sweetest thing ever..

So nooo don't skip the favors, get the favors, somebody is going to cherish them!

CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN. Everybody likes a chocolate fountain :) But I agree with the food statement, if the food isn't good, it ruins a lot of the night. Our senior prom had well, not that good of food. I mean, it was probably great for the adults but for the students... not so much. (To be honest, I'd be excited for chicken fingers and french fries... Not fancy schmany pasta salad with artichoke hearts, olives, and roasted peppers.) If not a chocolate fountain, then maybe a snow cone machine or a cotton candy machine.
Or you could do raffles. At our after prom they did raffles and gave away really cool things like cameras, gift cards, laptops, and even a car. And the activities we had were inflatables, rock climbing wall, tarot card reader and a character artist. What are you guys doing for after prom?

Wow raffling off a car, that would be amazing, but our extra budget doesnt stretch that far sadly :/ that would be soooo cool if we could though haha

I like the idea of a chocolate fountain (anything choc and Im in!) or the cotton candy machines incase girls didnt want to worry about getting chocolate on their dress,
As for after prom, in england you can drink/go to clubs at 18 so I think most people will just go to the main "student" club after... (Im not 18 by prom, which totally sucks, I'm going to have to sort something else out for that haha)
What do you guys normally do after prom?

I'd stay away from the chocolate fountain.. Wouldn't want to ruin dresses! My prom had just a little dessert tray with cookies and other little things that wouldn't stain.
Maybe try renting one of the photo booths you see at the mall! That would be really fun and the printouts could double as favors!

Make the decorations really good with the extra money! And the food of course. Prom is just another dance if the decorations aren't nice.

Wow raffling off a car, that would be amazing, but our extra budget doesnt stretch that far sadly :/ that would be soooo cool if we could though haha

I like the idea of a chocolate fountain (anything choc and Im in!) or the cotton candy machines incase girls didnt want to worry about getting chocolate on their dress,
As for after prom, in england you can drink/go to clubs at 18 so I think most people will just go to the main "student" club after... (Im not 18 by prom, which totally sucks, I'm going to have to sort something else out for that haha)
What do you guys normally do after prom?
after prom my school did a HUGE camping trip with all the students at a party ground it was a blast bon fires, beaches, light party and underage shenanigans, it was amazing it brought our graduating class so much closer and there was 500 of us

Get an airbrush tattoo booth. We had one at prom last year, and we all went home sleeved. It was so fun!

Back