High School Pushy Flag Team Coach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I've never heard of pep flags and I googled it.

1. Wow. This is a lot of things?
2. This looks to take place on DANCE floor so I would think that this type of flag falls under dance and still not cheer?
3. Another thing to look at: What function does this sort of team serve during say, football season? Sideline like cheer/dance? With the band?

Pep flag is an absolute blast to watch while waiting for awards at USA. And it’s such a mystery to me. I don’t know how they spin the things. I don’t know why the division is so big with Asian students that it’s almost exclusively theirs. I don’t know how they get out of the splits so quickly in those chunky shoes. So many questions but I AM HERE FOR IT.

I made an ex sit through a cheer competition once that included pep flag and after it was over he simply said, “If I was a teenage girl, I would be a flag one.”

It reminds me of majorette corps in the South-except that they generally wear really, really glitzed up leotards.

I'd clarify "color guard" or "pep flags" first, because pep flags are actually fairly common in Southern CA (the only place I've seen it). If she is actually thinking about starting a pep flag team it would be considered "spirit." Otherwise, if she's talking about color guard, I'd forward her emails to the band director and let them know she's a tad bit confused.

Back