All-Star Quarter Year/high School Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 8, 2010
I wasn't quite sure whether to put this in high school or all star so sorry if its in the wrong spot. Anyway, a few girls from my team and I have been looking into Off Season High School teams. Like all star teams for high school cheerleaders after their competitive season is over. Im a little curious to know how these work out typically. Like what if there are too many, or too few girls? And what level do they typically compete on or is that decided once the season starts? Anyone been on one of these teams? And is it worth it?

My gym has one. They're basically half year teams and it's kind of like an intro to all star cheer. It's good if you're wanting to get better at tumbling and it just gives you a feel for being an all star cheerleader. The team at my gym usually competes at level 2 or 3, but it'll vary.

I wasn't quite sure whether to put this in high school or all star so sorry if its in the wrong spot. Anyway, a few girls from my team and I have been looking into Off Season High School teams. Like all star teams for high school cheerleaders after their competitive season is over. Im a little curious to know how these work out typically. Like what if there are too many, or too few girls? And what level do they typically compete on or is that decided once the season starts? Anyone been on one of these teams? And is it worth it?
I think it depends on your state. For example, CT HS Cheer States isn't until Feb or March? I believe? Since girls are allowed to do allstar and HS at the same time (by law, its up to coach discretion otherwise), they just do. Although some do half year teams if a friend is on allstars and they want to try it.

I'd look for a half-year team. Usually they're level 2-4 depending on the gym and the amount of girls..

UA in Wauconda has Majesties, which is a team for cheerleaders after the high school season.

Last year there were 3 teams, I believe they were level 3, 4, and Open 5 (restricted).
They base the amount of teams and the levels on the girls that walk in the door after high school season.

I believe they are expecting the same amount (and more) of cheerleaders again this year.

Some of the girls stayed with all-star for the full year program this year, while some did high school again this
year and will be returning after the high school season, which ends in about a month from now. (In Illinois)

Pricing is affordable, and the girls get to compete with some of their high school friends and high school rivals.
They wear the same uniform, go to the same competitions, and are treated as part of the Royal Family of UA.

I know in Georgia, a lot of cheerleaders do half year teams! It's less expensive and more fun than competitive! There are levels 1-5 and everybody seems to enjoy it. I did one in addition to my full year team and had a BLAST so I definetly recommend doing it:) it's a chance to stay in shape, improve your skills, and meet new people! Even better if you can convince some of the other high school girls to dobie with you. It's such a great expierience and the atmosphere seems to be more relaxed with not a lot of pressure.

UA in Wauconda has Majesties, which is a team for cheerleaders after the high school season.

Last year there were 3 teams, I believe they were level 3, 4, and Open 5 (restricted).
They base the amount of teams and the levels on the girls that walk in the door after high school season.

I believe they are expecting the same amount (and more) of cheerleaders again this year.

Some of the girls stayed with all-star for the full year program this year, while some did high school again this
year and will be returning after the high school season, which ends in about a month from now. (In Illinois)

Pricing is affordable, and the girls get to compete with some of their high school friends and high school rivals.
They wear the same uniform, go to the same competitions, and are treated as part of the Royal Family of UA.
This is the team we were looking at! Thank you very much! This helps a lot!

This is the team we were looking at! Thank you very much! This helps a lot!

If you have any more questions you can PM me. If I don't know I can find out.

My friend's daughter did the partial year team last year and loved it so much she stayed on the all star team this full year.

Latest posts

Back