All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I asked this question in the CA thread as well. Rays have won numerous titles at NCA, Cheersport, UCA and Worlds. What is the motivation at this point?

That is a tough question only because I can give a personal answer, not a gym answer.

First and foremost, this whole cheerleading world is just fun. Being in it is frustrating, drives you nuts, give you sleepless nights... but I can't really imagine it any other way. One day I am sure I wont be able to do it anymore because of time constraints with my day job, but I am enjoying what I can while I can.

Second, it is a blast to work with kids! Teaching them, coaching them, goofing off with them, it keeps me young and is just a blast. Our staff as well is very close and we all generally get along very well.

Last, motivation. I have rewritten this paragraph 7 times already. I can't explain it. What drives you to get up in the morning and do your job better than anyone else? Is it to win a trophy once and look and show off to everyone that you did it? Or is it the journey to get there? Pushing yourself or your team because you like the challenge of just competing. If it wasn't hard, if anyone could do it, then what would be the point? Sometimes the challenge is 'can you do it again?' No one can win forever. When you get knocked down do you have the drive and will to get back up and try and capture it again? Does winning ever get old? Only if the challenge is easy. A truly difficult victory always brings a feeling of accomplishment.

BTW, victories arent always first places. Sometimes they are teaching kids new skills. Sometimes getting your SO5 team to compete at worlds and get 5th! Sometimes its doing something you never thought possible.

can i nugget in the back of oranges routine just once? at maybe a small pointless competition, like worlds?

Being as a boy and they are already at 20, I am not sure that would work.

BUT, how about this.

If Worlds starts allowing unlimited crossovers, and they hand out full paid medium coed bids with a full tank of gas, I will ask roger if Orange doesn't mind competing twice, once in small senior and once in medium coed as Boyrange so we can fulfill your dream.

Being as a boy and they are already at 20, I am not sure that would work.

BUT, how about this.

If Worlds starts allowing unlimited crossovers, and they hand out full paid medium coed bids with a full tank of gas, I will ask roger if Orange doesn't mind competing twice, once in small senior and once in medium coed as Boyrange so we can fulfill your dream.

deal

That is a tough question only because I can give a personal answer, not a gym answer.

First and foremost, this whole cheerleading world is just fun. Being in it is frustrating, drives you nuts, give you sleepless nights... but I can't really imagine it any other way. One day I am sure I wont be able to do it anymore because of time constraints with my day job, but I am enjoying what I can while I can.

You have a day job?!?! How?

You have a day job?!?! How?

I program software to run million dollar warehouses from home. I am online a lot to do my job. I have two 30 inch monitors with 100s of lines of code open in front of me. Alt tabbing to fierce board is such a small part of my day. Coaching at Rays works out because of my alternative working schedule.

You have 517 shimmys on this board. Why continue to post?

I ask myself that often.

I program software to run million dollar warehouses from home. I am online a lot to do my job. I have two 30 inch monitors with 100s of lines of code open in front of me. Alt tabbing to fierce board is such a small part of my day. Coaching at Rays works out because of my alternative working schedule.

Only two monitors? How do you function?

I can't believe you have the time to have a day job and run Rays. Props to you :)

How many teams do you have this year and what levels/age?
What team was it that wear the black uniforms, and in theyre pyramid at worlds 2011 they had "set fire to the rain" By Adele?>

Why do rays not have voice overs? The only ones I hear are "let's go rays"

Smoke does ;)

And I think I remember Lime having one a few years back..."What's my favorite color green? Lime". Unless that was a song.

The other two threads by CEA and CA have worked well and actually gotten some people to PM me and ask questions about Rays. Seems only natural I start this thread. Ask anything.

Like: Why are there never any black girls on Orange?

Color, religion, or anything has never been a factor at our gym for any team ( though us democrats might be a minority). This year Orange happens to have a bit more variety anyway. (3 asians and then Angel). Orange has traditionally had a requirement of having to have been a Ray for one year so we know how you cheer. Through attrition and spot availability the team has just been what it is. We select our teams based on ability and work ethic. We couldn't care less what you look like if you have a good attitude and bust your butt!

Do you refer to your kids as a number, not a name?

I like this one. I'm TERRIBLE at learning names. It be even worse to learn people as numbers. Number 8932! Get tight!

I probably know about 250 of the 500 or so athletes. And I'm only there 2 days a week. Most know all of them or close to it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I feel your pain bro

Question...What types of techniques do you use for your Tiny/Mini team? They are so good and clean and I wondered how you always manage to get all of those very young kids to get their timing right and their motions so sharp, etc.

Back