All-Star Real-time Scoring (welcome To The 21st Century)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As someone stated earlier, JamLive does this. Your score is announced a team or so after you. Gives the judges time to tabulate, and the kids time to get a drink ect. I loved it.

GSSA had it at their competitions for day 1's idk about day 2.

NCA did as well..

i like it for day 1 competitions that are 2 day competitions. if they did it for the 2nd day it would just like kill the excitement and stuff. but i do agree i like it.

Gymnastics has it. Diving has it. Figure Skating has had it forever. Add Freestyle Skiing, Freestyle Snowboarding, Ski Jumping and Boxing. All these sports have Real-Time scoring, Broadcasted and Published immediately after a performance. There is no secret back room where judges gather with their abacus to tally up scores in secret. If ALL STAR Cheerleading is ever going to be considered a legitimate sport then we must move into the 21st Century and have Real-Time Scoring, Published immediately following a performance
. NOW THERE'S a RULE CHANGE THE USASF BOARD CAN SINK THEIR TEETH INTO! What are your thoughts?

All of these are individualized sports! It takes longer b/c you have up to 36 different positions to review!

All of these are individualized sports! It takes longer b/c you have up to 36 different positions to review!
ok, add Synchronized Swimming and Rhythmic Gymnastics from the Olympics. So 2:30 for live judging plus 2:30 for review, that's 5 minutes. and as you can see by many replies, it's already being done by several companies. it does add Integrity.

ok, add Synchronized Swimming and Rhythmic Gymnastics from the Olympics. So 2:30 for live judging plus 2:30 for review, that's 5 minutes. and as you can see by many replies, it's already being done by several companies. it does add Integrity.
We haven't been to a competition that does this but I would LOVE it. Money talks...if the EPs that do it start getting business from other EPs that dont, you could use an egg timer to see just how fast it would become the industry standard. It's not that it can't be done, it just isn't important to the bottom line yet.

We haven't been to a competition that does this but I would LOVE it. Money talks...if the EPs that do it start getting business from other EPs that dont, you could use an egg timer to see just how fast it would become the industry standard. It's not that it can't be done, it just isn't important to the bottom line yet.
Yes, Agreed

Gymnastics has it. Diving has it. Figure Skating has had it forever. Add Freestyle Skiing, Freestyle Snowboarding, Ski Jumping and Boxing. All these sports have Real-Time scoring, Broadcasted and Published immediately after a performance. There is no secret back room where judges gather with their abacus to tally up scores in secret. If ALL STAR Cheerleading is ever going to be considered a legitimate sport then we must move into the 21st Century and have Real-Time Scoring, Published immediately following a performance. NOW THERE'S a RULE CHANGE THE USASF BOARD CAN SINK THEIR TEETH INTO! What are your thoughts?
I'm 50/50 on this. I would love to see scores released in a faster manner, but as Andre pointed out, in Cheer (different from the other sports you named) it's a team score not an individual score so things like legalities and counting numbers take more time. I want scores faster which I feel would eliminate many conspiracy theories however to me as a coach, I'm more concerned that they got it right.

Back