Recruiting For New Competitive Cheer Program At Gannon University!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 2, 2013
Gannon University has just added Competitive Cheer as a varsity-level sport and scholarships are available for the 2013-14 academic year!

Gannon is a Division II institution located in Erie, PA. We're breaking ground on a new athletic facility at the end of the month that will be complete in Fall 2014 and will include a designated practice space for Competitive Cheer.

Competitive Cheer will be separate from the Gameday/Sideline Cheer team, so members of Competitive Cheer will not be cheering games or any other events. We're planning on about 8 competition/performances for the 2013-14 season, including NCA College Nationals in the spring.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 814-871-7205 for more information! We will not be holding an official spring try-out this year, but I am actively recruiting for the 2013-14 season, so I encourage any current/graduating HS seniors to contact me regarding the upcoming year.

Of course, underclassmen who would like to consider Gannon in their college search are encouraged to reach out to me as well! Stunt and college prep clinics will be offered in the late fall 2013 and early spring 2014.

Here's a link to the press release on the new program:
Gannon University Athletics - Gannon University Announces Addition of Competitive Cheerleading

Please feel free to message me or contact me by email/phone to learn more about our program at Gannon!

Hi all! I am still recruiting incoming college freshmen for the fall semester to cheer at Gannon. Athletic scholarships are available and we're looking forward to great first season with this new program.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you're interested, or if you'd simply like to learn more about Gannon and our program here.

Thanks!

Just a reminder - it's not too late for graduated HS seniors who are looking to cheer in college! I have spots left on our roster and athletic scholarships for the 2013-14 year are still available.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to learn more about the new competitive cheer program at Gannon University!

Rising HS seniors are also encouraged to email me now to be considered an athletic recruit for the 2014-15 academic year. We will not hold traditional spring try-outs as most collegiate programs do; all scholarship positions are awarded through recruiting, so your best bet to receive a scholarship is to reach out early and get the process started!

All interested athletes can fill out our prospective athlete form online at:
Gannon University Athletics - Competitive Cheerleading Prospective Athlete Form

Thanks!​

J

How much are the scholarships worth and what are the requirements for the team. I would be interested for the 2015-2016 season

Hello, all of our scholarships are partial awards at this time and range in amount based on skill level. They "stack" with academic and need-based aid as well.

If you're interested in learning more, the best thing you can do is fill our prospective athlete form online at: Gannon University Athletics - Competitive Cheerleading Prospective Athlete Form

You can also email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to answer additional questions and provide more specific information. Look forward to talking more with you!

ETA: We recruit the way other sports recruit, rather than holding a traditional tryout like most universities. Since you're interested for Fall 2015, this is the perfect time to start checking things out - I start signing athletes during November of their senior year in high school. The earlier you start the process, the better!

Back