OT Regional Food

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
In Canada we have a bunch of food that I just couldn't live without:

More canadian amazingness:
Poutine:
Fries, gravy and cheese curds, (sounds terrible but my oh my it's fantastic) they're always amazing especially when you get one in the summer from a chip truck and sit on the beach eating (oh cottage life)

and because we're getting Canadian, maple syrup and maple spread (seriously to die for)

And weird (use to love but now hate) ketchup chips

In Canada we have a bunch of food that I just couldn't live without:

More canadian amazingness:
Poutine:
Fries, gravy and cheese curds, (sounds terrible but my oh my it's fantastic) they're always amazing especially when you get one in the summer from a chip truck and sit on the beach eating (oh cottage life)

and because we're getting Canadian, maple syrup and maple spread (seriously to die for)

And weird (use to love but now hate) ketchup chips
Poutine is the best food to come out of Canada. Hands down.
Never had ketchup chips, but they just do not sound appealing.
DH's aunt and uncle live in London, we plan to head up there later this summer.

Are ketchup chips really just a Canadian thing?!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Have you ever seen them in the stores in the US? (and not in cities that border Canada, that does not count.) I know I haven't but have been hearing about them from Canadian friends and relatives for years.

Have you ever seen them in the stores in the US? (and not in cities that border Canada, that does not count.) I know I haven't but have been hearing about them from Canadian friends and relatives for years.

I lived in Jacksonville for a few years and I thought I had them there, but maybe I only got them when I moved back north. I haven't gone in many American stores at all.

I used to live in Germany and I miss German food so much!! Mainly schnitzel and pommes. And spezi. And döners, even though those are Turkish, they're SO GOOD. And Germany candy! And ice cream.

But I love those soda machines! Mainly because they have vanilla coke.

Vanilla coke is life.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I sooo agree! I'd mainline those over pixi-sticks any day!

Yes! My grandma once accidentally bought Vanilla Coke instead of regular Coke. Let's just say she continued to by Vanilla Coke after now. Then it was discontinued and then brought back. Sometimes I can find it in 12 pack cans at Walmart or Foodlion. I find it all the time at Lowes Foods or Harris Teeter

Yes! My grandma once accidentally bought Vanilla Coke instead of regular Coke. Let's just say she continued to by Vanilla Coke after now. Then it was discontinued and then brought back. Sometimes I can find it in 12 pack cans at Walmart or Foodlion. I find it all the time at Lowes Foods or Harris Teeter

Sam's has it. We buy it by the case and mail it to both the girls also Kit Kats.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

I can only find it in those soda machines :/ My friend swears they sell it at Walgreens but I have yet to see it and we don't have those stores you listed here :(

I can only find it in those soda machines :/ My friend swears they sell it at Walgreens but I have yet to see it and we don't have those stores you listed here :(

I never knew it was in those machines till last summer. My grandma and I stopped at a Burger King on the way to the beach and I freaked out when I saw it.
Awh :( as @bamacheerguy said it's at Sam's

Do y'all mean those ketchup potato chips? Saw them once in va. We bought them. We each ate one. Never saw them again. Or is "ketchup chips" something else?

Vanilla coke - if you can't find it buy coke and use that vanilla syrup you buy for coffee (only a TINY bit). If you use too much it ruins the carbonation but use a splash and it's the same thing (that's all those soda machines are is regular soda with flavored syrups put in).

Latest posts

Back