All-Star Restricted Level 5 Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mama2twinsplus1

Cheer Parent
Apr 8, 2016
Hello,

I have done general searches on the board about info for criteria on what skills you need for a Restricted Junior Level 5 and I can't find any resources. I also went to USASF and they don't seem to be posting their rules anymore.

Anyone have any good resources I can read? CP is gaining more and more level 5 skills but since the level is so new to us (and it seems a little more complex than other levels) we don't know much about this level and want to read up on it so she can set some goals before try outs.

TIA!!!

My daughters team was junior Restricted 5 at the beginning of the season; but they added 4 athletes to the team due to injuries and replacements who were senior aged. So now we are senior Restricted 5.. they are the same thing.
As far as skills with tumbling

We have for standing tumbling toe touch two to fulls .. about 15 of 19 were in this but they just changed it after last competition to get more variety. We had toe tuck two to fulls prior to the toe two to full but they didn’t look great because people couldn’t do them all together and sometimes struggled.

My daughter running pass is Arabian stick, through to full.
Last pass is an onodi through to full.

Restricted is basically no doubles and you cant tumble out of the Arabian without stopping. As well as a couple basket and stunt differences.

Junior Restricted has very very little competition, senior Restricted 5 has a little more competition for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My daughters team was junior Restricted 5 at the beginning of the season; but they added 4 athletes to the team due to injuries and replacements who were senior aged. So now we are senior Restricted 5.. they are the same thing.

We have for standing tumbling toe touch two to fulls .. about 15 of 19 were in this but they just changed it after last competition to get more variety. We had toe tuck two to fulls prior to the toe two to full but they didn’t look great because people couldn’t do them all together and sometimes struggled.

Restricted is basically no doubles and you cant tumble out of the Arabian without stopping. As well as a couple basket and stunt differences.

Junior Restricted has very very little competition, senior Restricted 5 has a little more competition for sure.

Thank you so much! I watched videos and the jumps into fulls, yikes! So crazy!

@TheVipersMom I thought Stars Vipers announced a J5 team this season. Was the announcement actually for a J5 restricted?

@TheVipersMom I thought Stars Vipers announced a J5 team this season. Was the announcement actually for a J5 restricted?

Yes it’s been restricted since tryout results.
Before tryouts there was mention of going non restricted and using some of our worlds kids as crossovers since you can have 8 not really sure who mentioned it or where it came from but i know i heard that,
but they decided against it when teams were placed and we had 0 crossovers.

Then a couple groups struggled with stunts so we moved a few worlds kids over to basically keep the stunts up, but they were seniors.

My daughters group is still the same but two of the 4 groups got a couple senior helpers. So we are a super young senior Restricted 5 lol

Back