OT Retaking The Act But Feel Too Old To.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
I took the ACT in high school just to take it, I didn't prepare for it so I got a 18 (bad I know). I am taking classes at a community college and hoping to apply to nursing school at a 4 year college instead of the community college because I want a BSN and you are required to submit your scores. I am 24 years old but I think I will feel out of place taking the ACT at a high school with 15-16 years. Any advice or suggestions?

I took the ACT in high school just to take it, I didn't prepare for it so I got a 18 (bad I know). I am taking classes at a community college and hoping to apply to nursing school at a 4 year college instead of the community college because I want a BSN and you are required to submit your scores. I am 24 years old but I think I will feel out of place taking the ACT at a high school with 15-16 years. Any advice or suggestions?

Take it with your chin up and head held high.

There is no reason to ever feel bad or out of place about working hard to improve yourself and your life. I wish you the absolute best.

Take it with your chin up and head held high.

There is no reason to ever feel bad or out of place about working hard to improve yourself and your life. I wish you the absolute best.

Thanks ACEDAD

I would definitely take it again because it wouldn't hurt to try! Most likely you are more knowledgable and more confident now than you were back in high school. I would recommend taking a few practice tests to refresh your mind a little with the format of the test. Don't leave any answers blank! On the ACT you are not penalized for guessing..personally I think that is the greatest thing ever! Good luck!! :)

I also did a little research for you:

Does it help to take the ACT more than once?
ACT research shows that of the students who took the ACT more than once:
  • 55% increased their composite score on the retest
  • 22% had no change in their composite score on the retest
  • 23% decreased their composite score on the retest
source: ACT Website

Its only a few hours out of your life. I'm sure no 15-17 year old will guess that you are 24 by looking at you. Good luck and go for it!

take it again! i did an ACT prep class and scored a 31. but we basically just went through the practice books together, so i recommend using those. they sell them at borders or barnes and noble. i used to princeton review ones and they seemed to not help when i was using them, but when i took my test i did so much better. raised my score by 5 points!

take it again! i did an ACT prep class and scored a 31. but we basically just went through the practice books together, so i recommend using those. they sell them at borders or barnes and noble. i used to princeton review ones and they seemed to not help when i was using them, but when i took my test i did so much better. raised my score by 5 points!

Thanks I ordered a kaplan cd rom earlier this week to help

Thanks I ordered a kaplan cd rom earlier this week to help
that should work well too. a big part of the prep class i took was taking a practice exam every single week. and it should be on that isn't on the computer. it takes time to fill in bubbles, work out problems etc with a pencil, so i suggest doing some written work too.

that should work well too. a big part of the prep class i took was taking a practice exam every single week. and it should be on that isn't on the computer. it takes time to fill in bubbles, work out problems etc with a pencil, so i suggest doing some written work too.

I will. I just finish signing up for the test date in April in order to meet the July deadline for school and Im going to Barnes and Noble in the morning to buy the Princeton Review book.

Don't feel out of place! I'm 16 and just took the SAT-trust me,everyones more focused on the test than the people around them. Good luck!

Back