Riots Affecting Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2011
Hi, I am sure you have all heard of the 'riots' that are happening here in the UK. Well last night it got within 100 yards of our newly purchased gym. I'm so hoping that rain that was coming down heavy before starts back up and the yobs are prevented from going out by the weather. We only took ownership of the premises 6 days ago and have spent that time cleaning, painting and refurbishing with the help of over 50 parents/athletes. I couldn't stomach the thought of all of that hard work (and equipment) getting damages/ruined :banghead: :'(
It's nothing more than mindless thuggery with 99% of the population appalled and disgusted by the actions of such a small number of people. The centre is shutting today early so that everyone can get home safe - I hope the centre stays safe

im really sorry to hear about that :( i hope everyone is okay over there & i hope your gym stays safe!

The gym is safe :) there were just a few windows cracked, which is a pain but it could have been a lot worse. The rain kept most of the yobs at home last night, lets pray for more rain tonight :)

The gym is safe :) there were just a few windows cracked, which is a pain but it could have been a lot worse. The rain kept most of the yobs at home last night, lets pray for more rain tonight :)
not just a rain but hopefully a storm to wash to "people" out. stay safe :)

Unfortunately it is brightening up here at the moment, still praying for rain. I have spoken to the police and they say they have no intel of anything being organised for tonight but they have over 200 officers on patrol just in our area this evening:). Off to training, wish me luck for tonight.

I'm sorry to hear that =/ those people need to get a grip! stay safe tonight, hopefully no more damage will be done!

We closed early off advice from the police. It has been raining since 7pm but there where whispers of trouble so we didn't want to take any chances. Nothing has been reported for tonight so I'm happy. Hopefully all this nonsense has finished - or they are waiting for a big blow out at the weekend!!!

Just out of curiosity, what cheer gym is this? :)
It is the old Active8 AS, the head coach has moved out of the country so she asked us to take it over :)

Parying that the yobs wont be going on an alcohol induced rampage tonight being that it is the weekend :confused:

It is the old Active8 AS, the head coach has moved out of the country so she asked us to take it over :)

Parying that the yobs wont be going on an alcohol induced rampage tonight being that it is the weekend :confused:
I saw you guys at Jamfest Northern :)

I think the rioting is starting to settle down a bit, especially now that people are being convicted really quickly. I hope your gym stays undamaged!

I've just come back from spending the day there painting and I saw nothing in the area although the riot vans and police are out in force patrolling. Gotta get the windows fixed somehow but it will be really expensive as it is wire mesh glass :mad:

Yeah the girls did perform at Jamfest, watch out for them next year they will be a compeltely different looking team ;) Who are you with?

I've just come back from spending the day there painting and I saw nothing in the area although the riot vans and police are out in force patrolling. Gotta get the windows fixed somehow but it will be really expensive as it is wire mesh glass :mad:

Yeah the girls did perform at Jamfest, watch out for them next year they will be a compeltely different looking team ;) Who are you with?
I'm on Cheer Valley, but I was only spectating at Jamfest.

Latest posts

Back