Round-off Left But Full Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB3541

Original Poster
Jan 8, 2018
Role:
Parent
My daughter is right handed but tumbles left but then twist right! Has anyone else experienced this? Her coach is trying to get her to twist left but I feel like she is already comfortable the way she learned it. Should she start over and relearn her full to the left? Does it really matter?

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Role:
Parent
Is your daughter a flyer? My daughter is at the very very beginning of starting to learn fulls (atbthe drills stage) and her tumbling coach said he often has to reteach flyers how to twist because they often do full downs the opposite direction.

Apr 2, 2016
Canada
Role:
Coach / Athlete
while most people twist the same way they cartwheel, some don't. if she's had her full for a while and is doing it with proper technique, then I would say to keep it the way it is, but it might be that the coach wants her to change it because of poor technique, or lack of body control, in which case I would say to change. it all depends on why the coach wants her to twist the other way.

CB3541

Original Poster
Jan 8, 2018
Role:
Parent
Is your daughter a flyer? My daughter is at the very very beginning of starting to learn fulls (atbthe drills stage) and her tumbling coach said he often has to reteach flyers how to twist because they often do full downs the opposite direction.
She is a flyer on a S4 team. She struggled at the beginning of the season doing her kick full basket but mastered it after a few practices.

CB3541

Original Poster
Jan 8, 2018
Role:
Parent
while most people twist the same way they cartwheel, some don't. if she's had her full for a while and is doing it with proper technique, then I would say to keep it the way it is, but it might be that the coach wants her to change it because of poor technique, or lack of body control, in which case I would say to change. it all depends on why the coach wants her to twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts