Round-off Left But Full Right?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 8, 2018
My daughter is right handed but tumbles left but then twist right! Has anyone else experienced this? Her coach is trying to get her to twist left but I feel like she is already comfortable the way she learned it. Should she start over and relearn her full to the left? Does it really matter?

Add a back hand spring inbetween it, thats what I do. It's like asking to do a cartwheel on your bad leg.

Is your daughter a flyer? My daughter is at the very very beginning of starting to learn fulls (atbthe drills stage) and her tumbling coach said he often has to reteach flyers how to twist because they often do full downs the opposite direction.

while most people twist the same way they cartwheel, some don't. if she's had her full for a while and is doing it with proper technique, then I would say to keep it the way it is, but it might be that the coach wants her to change it because of poor technique, or lack of body control, in which case I would say to change. it all depends on why the coach wants her to twist the other way.

Is your daughter a flyer? My daughter is at the very very beginning of starting to learn fulls (atbthe drills stage) and her tumbling coach said he often has to reteach flyers how to twist because they often do full downs the opposite direction.
She is a flyer on a S4 team. She struggled at the beginning of the season doing her kick full basket but mastered it after a few practices.

while most people twist the same way they cartwheel, some don't. if she's had her full for a while and is doing it with proper technique, then I would say to keep it the way it is, but it might be that the coach wants her to change it because of poor technique, or lack of body control, in which case I would say to change. it all depends on why the coach wants her to twist

Her technique is really good. She actually is one of the few in the class that sets and is straight. I am thinking that she should just leave it alone too.

Back