All-Star Should I Try Out For Worlds Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You have to be 18 to be certified through USASF. May I ask, who are you certified through? I don't know how it works in Canada.

US All Star Federation: HOW TO GET CREDENTIALED

I am certified through USASF so maybe they've changed the rules since I've been certified? I'm really not sure how the whole thing works in all cases, when I got certified a woman who worked for USASF came to my gym and asked me and some other coaches (individually) questions regarding safety and legality for stunts and tumbling at each of the levels we were being certified for, and then I got a certificate. I had never actually looked at the procedures on USASF's website since the gym was handling the credentialing for everyone, and I only needed to show up and pass a knowledge test.

I would love to know how others got their credentials, because now i'm questioning the validity of mine. I'll definitely look into this more and see if I can find some answers.

Cheer Canada Update – Cheer Canada – Canada's National Sport Organization for Cheerleading
This article says that USASF is no longer credentialing international coaches, but I don't see how that could be a reason for the age change? I had just turned 14 at the time I got credentialed, and like any other 14 year old I believed that I was practically an adult, so I didn't even think of any reason why I wouldn't be allowed to work as a coach (Keep in mind I grew up in a small town where it was not unusual for 11 year olds to have jobs). I'm getting very skeptical about this whole situation.

The certificate that I got has a blue border, with the USASF logo in the background, as well as a gold USASF seal in the bottom middle. It has signatures from Jim Chadwick and Les Stella, and says "Coach Credentialing Certificate" across the top, as well as my full name, the dates of validity, and the levels that I'm certified in. Are there any coaches that could tell me if this is legitimate?

Another person just told me you don't have to be 18. Sorry, maybe I am incorrectly reading/interpreting the rules.

Go for it! Good luck!

I would just go for it. Sounds like you have nothing to lose and wouldn't be too upset if you ended up not getting on the Worlds Team (i may be wrong )
At the end of the day the Coaches will decide if they want you on the Team or if you are a better fit for a different Team, so there really isn't a whole lot to worry about in my opinion :)

Back