Shoulder Flexibility

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One stretch that I've seen that works is to kneel in front of a chair or some other furniture that is about even with the height of your shoulders. Kneel at a straight-arm's length facing the chair, and put both hands on the chair. With arms still straight dip your head and shoulders down, keeping your hands on the chair. I wish I had a photo to show this, but this stretch works great.

shoulderweb2.jpg

Here is what I'm trying to describe, although I think that it works better with a higher chair. That way gravity helps out a little more. :)

Have somebody behind you pull your shoulders behind your back and cross them. You can also put your arm over your head and push down on your elbow. Thats my favorite one!

shoulderweb2.jpg

Here is what I'm trying to describe, although I think that it works better with a higher chair. That way gravity helps out a little more. :)

thats a great drill, you can do it standing up with your hands against a wall also, try not to let your back arch because it will take stretch away from the shoulders (really the lats in your back), and if bridges hurt your back try them with your feet on a higher surface, that will cause less arch but can still give you a great shoulder stretch while you strengthen as well.

Back