OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Has anyone used wonder under? The stores near me no longer sell heat n bond and as im making bows the wonder under doesnt seem to be sticking as much

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
I found that for a bow to be durable you need the extra strong hold or whatever type. I bought the regular and was confused about why it wasn't working as well as the first time and then I realized the first time I bought strong hold. It works for me!

When I try to bond the layers together the wonder under does not work. Any tips to getting it to stick? When I first bind the layers everythings fine but then when I try to form the bow it comes appart.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
I feel like I have to iron it like a TON. what fabric are you putting on top? When I do sequins and the fabric is kind of netted I found it sticks really well but mystique has not worked as well with the normal strength wonder under, it bubbles up sometimes when I fold the bow. I just iron and iron and iron over and over

Anyone have any experience printing on bows? I'm making shirts for UCA nationals and a print for the bow that matches the print on the shirt would look amazing. I have NO experience with printing on grosgrain however. Watched a youtube video on transfer paper, wasn't sure how well that actually looked or worked in person. Also considered actually screen printing the bows, but not sure if that is possible.

Anyone have any experience printing on bows? I'm making shirts for UCA nationals and a print for the bow that matches the print on the shirt would look amazing. I have NO experience with printing on grosgrain however. Watched a youtube video on transfer paper, wasn't sure how well that actually looked or worked in person. Also considered actually screen printing the bows, but not sure if that is possible.
If you use a transfer that you do with your printer, make sure you do the words backwards... I always forget. Screen printing would probably work better because when you transfer it really needs to be cut right on the edge because the blank transfer parts will get ironed on as well if that makes sense. And if it's a print or words, that's hard to do well.

The best way to do it is to do Dye sub.....it will look great on ribbon or spandex.

Im just a blogger

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
you also never stated you were a blogger, you played it off like you were a professional magazine saying that if you were sent a bow it would get 'cheer insider certified'

All I am saying is it seems shady to me and probably to other when you market yourself as otherwise. Try to be more clear, perhaps provide us with the URL of your cheer blog so that we can know if this is something legit that people would potentially want to be apart of.

It says magazine because Im starting a magazine.and I fully intend to purchase products

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Send in and purchase are two different things. You probably should have stated that you wanted to actually buy the bows in your original post.

Back