High School Sideline Cheer Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mytriplek

Cheer Parent
Oct 18, 2012
What's your favorite cheer shoe for sideline cheer? She's currently wearing the Nfinity Defiance for her All-Star team. Looking for something durable but something she can also tumble on dead mat in. What's your go to shoe?

Here's my shoe breakdown.
1. Adidas - Had these in HS and I really loved them. Very light, I can't remember what type they were though. It was 50/50 split on our team of who liked them. Not bad though, held up on the basketball court & for competitions
2. Nike - I want to say it was the Nike Airmix Down. Nike were very durable and help up well but they were also really heavy. I tumbled and stunted in them fine just not really my fave.
3. Varsity Touchdown - LOVE them. We had them for staff last summer and I we liked them so much our college team got them. I've worn them on about every surface and they held up well for me. Nice and light to tumble in but still feel durable.
4. Varsity Tradition - Still a good shoe but not my favorite. I didn't like that the tongue was so thick and that I couldn't move it. Held up well but if I had to pick my fave varsity shoe I'd say the Touchdown.

Here's my shoe breakdown.
1. Adidas - Had these in HS and I really loved them. Very light, I can't remember what type they were though. It was 50/50 split on our team of who liked them. Not bad though, held up on the basketball court & for competitions
2. Nike - I want to say it was the Nike Airmix Down. Nike were very durable and help up well but they were also really heavy. I tumbled and stunted in them fine just not really my fave.
3. Varsity Touchdown - LOVE them. We had them for staff last summer and I we liked them so much our college team got them. I've worn them on about every surface and they held up well for me. Nice and light to tumble in but still feel durable.
4. Varsity Tradition - Still a good shoe but not my favorite. I didn't like that the tongue was so thick and that I couldn't move it. Held up well but if I had to pick my fave varsity shoe I'd say the Touchdown.

Thanks! Have you ever tried the Nfinity Game Day shoe?

I hear great things about Varsity Touchdown... (We may go with these next year) for sideline, right now we wear Nike Air: But totally agree that Nike Airmix Down 2 is heavy... And the bottoms can be slightly slippery in the front due to such a pointed toe box. (However) my girls joke that when they wear their Nikes all year (because they're so heavy) and they switch to their Nfinity Vengeance ...for comp it kind of helps as it's almost like a little weight resistant training for jumps durning the season.

Thanks! Have you ever tried the Nfinity Game Day shoe?
We used the Game Day shoe for 2 seasons. Didn't love it, but at the time there weren't many great options. It's been a couple of years now, so they could have updated them and I don't know? They were just clunkly. They held up well, but are kinda heavy, and the bases didn't like gripping them. We've used many different varsity game day shoes and have liked all of them. Our JV one year used the Chasse ACE shoe. So cheap, and perfect for what they needed. Not a fan of nike cheer shoes, for the clunky/heavy reason as above, but Nikes are even clunkier/heavier. I wish Nfinity would come out with a new gameday shoe. They're have been countless new allstar shoes, but the gameday (as far as I know) has been the same for about 5 or 6 years now.

We used the Game Day shoe for 2 seasons. Didn't love it, but at the time there weren't many great options. It's been a couple of years now, so they could have updated them and I don't know? They were just clunkly. They held up well, but are kinda heavy, and the bases didn't like gripping them. We've used many different varsity game day shoes and have liked all of them. Our JV one year used the Chasse ACE shoe. So cheap, and perfect for what they needed. Not a fan of nike cheer shoes, for the clunky/heavy reason as above, but Nikes are even clunkier/heavier. I wish Nfinity would come out with a new gameday shoe. They're have been countless new allstar shoes, but the gameday (as far as I know) has been the same for about 5 or 6 years now.

Do you like the Varsity Touchdown better than the Nfinity Gameday?

As much as I love regular nfinities, I HATED their game day shoes. The first time I ever busted a tuck were in those shoes. I hated how the back was so high, it dug into my ankle and I felt like I couldn't jump correctly. If I didn't wear calf high socks then they would rub my ankle raw with blisters.

I LOVED my Adidas shoes. After such a horrible time with the nfinities I just switched back to the Adidas we used the previous season.

Haven't tried the varsity game day though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Varsity touchdowns are great shoes, we worse those last summer for staff and they were easy to tumble in. We had the varsity spirit shoes the summer before that and those are my favorite sideline shoes of all time. Extremely easy to throw fulls and standing backs in on dead mat/basketball court. Held up super well also. I loved flying in the shoes as it was easy to pull body positions and it felt like my bases had a good grip on my feet, and I loved basing girls wearing them because the shoe fit in my hands well. My spirits ran a little big as I normally wear a 6 1/2 but I could have used a 6 in that shoe. Granted that was two years ago so they have have changed the sizing by now.

Hey friends. Has anyone tried the Adidas Triple Cheer shoe? If we have to switch to Adidas shoes then we like those the best based off the picture. I've had the Adidas Cheer Flyers before and hated them. They seemed to fit very narrow. If anyone has any info on the Triple Cheers it would be greatly appreciated!!

Our squad is using Nike Cheer Compete this season and from what I've heard, they are fine to cheer in. But almost everyone complains when it comes to stunting, especially for the bases. The sole of the shoe is flat, so it's hard to grip, and the bases complain that the edge of the bottoms hurt. For me, I wear my nfinity vengeances everywhere and I love them to death. Might be expensive for a squad, but they are so light and so comfortable.

Back