Music Slap U!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 6, 2011
Okay... Too many inquieries and they're scattered all over the internet. If you are serious about Elevating your music to the highest level and learn the SlapFire techniques, then you need email me at [email protected]. The Cost right now is $500 for 3 months of classes. Only 30 students will be chosen and there is an application. Applications will start going out on Monday. Our goal isn't to just help you a little bit. We want to develope producers that can handle the demand for High Quality Mixes comparable to what SlapFire produces. We turn down so many routines per year and our customers always result to lower quality mixes, because there just isn't enough producers that can produce the SlapFire product. I've helped so many people out there and there doing well, but we need more producers out there really giving it there all. This business can be fun and very rewarding, but it's very hard work and it's very demanding. Please...Only serious students need apply.

You will learn:

Media File Comprehension - Understanding Bitrates and WAV Quality
Media Organization and File Structure
Exact Sampling - Learn To read WAVS and cutting perfect samples (The Most Important)
Mixing and Sequencing Techniques
Transition Techniques
EQing
Mastering
Music Psycology
Section Building
Drum Sequencing for Backbeats
SDFX Creation
and much much more!

Software Requirements: Sony Acid Pro 7.0 and Adobe Audition 3.0
Skill Requirements: Self Installation of Programs and File/Folder Creation

If you're seriously interested please email me us at [email protected]

Let's make MUSIC!

Okay... Too many inquieries and they're scattered all over the internet. If you are serious about Elevating your music to the highest level and learn the SlapFire techniques, then you need email me at [email protected]. The Cost right now is $500 for 3 months of classes. Only 30 students will be chosen and there is an application. Applications will start going out on Monday. Our goal isn't to just help you a little bit. We want to develope producers that can handle the demand for High Quality Mixes comparable to what SlapFire produces. We turn down so many routines per year and our customers always result to lower quality mixes, because there just isn't enough producers that can produce the SlapFire product. I've helped so many people out there and there doing well, but we need more producers out there really giving it there all. This business can be fun and very rewarding, but it's very hard work and it's very demanding. Please...Only serious students need apply.

You will learn:

Media File Comprehension - Understanding Bitrates and WAV Quality
Media Organization and File Structure
Exact Sampling - Learn To read WAVS and cutting perfect samples (The Most Important)
Mixing and Sequencing Techniques
Transition Techniques
EQing
Mastering
Music Psycology
Section Building
Drum Sequencing for Backbeats
SDFX Creation
and much much more!

Software Requirements: Sony Acid Pro 7.0 and Adobe Audition 3.0
Skill Requirements: Self Installation of Programs and File/Folder Creation

If you're seriously interested please email me us at [email protected]

Let's make MUSIC!

All of this is being taught online right?

Yep... All online. 2 Hours per week of live classes, plus you'll have pre-recorded classes that you'll have to watch, then you'll mix a project based on that week's lesson. You'll submit that project, I'll grade it and send it back you with recommendations and those have to be completed and sent back to me. Just like the real Cheer Music World! You will end up Producing a Beginning mix so I can see where you are as a producer before we get started, then 10 mixes based on the each lesson, and then a Final mix to end the semester. Save your money traveling and focus on equipment and software purchases.

Just to also clarify: I do NOT believe That SlapFire is the End all Be all in Cheerleading Music Instruction. I belive that SlapFire has a distinct style and sound quality that every producer needs to learn and apply to their own knowledge. We are only going to teach you our way of doing things. This does not mean that we are Professional Textbook Masters at any of these programs. I have Professional TextBook Masters help me all the time. But as far a cheerleading music goes, SlapFire under Chatwic DuB's supervision has a specific way of doing things in order to achieve what you hear year after year on the floor. "Often Imitated, NEVER Duplicated!" I look foward to seeing and hearing 30 students achieve an amazning growth in their Cheerleading Music Production!

i agree but its all worth it but its like almost $1,000 after getting the software and all!

i prob will buy the software and just ask questions on here maybe next semester i'll attend :) thanks for all the help..

Yes... the software is $350 for Adobe Audition and Like $300 for Sony Acid pro 7.0. This class is meant for people that want to invest in this business. I want to train people that want to actually make this a business like me. I can't do it all and none of the other guys can do it all.

This industry needs people with creative ideas, patience, a love for this sport, and a great work ethic. If you have these 4 things, you will be successful in the Cheerleading Music business. You're not gonna be "RICH" like DIDDY, but you will make a good living, be able to plan for your future, and be engaged in a Labor of LOVE. I do work, but you know what, it doesn't feel like work when I see those Kids hit that floor and do Work! It's FUN! to me anyway. Join the Slapperz and let's bring the Fire!

I would do it, but I have a Mac and Acid is for windows :(

Yeah.... You could BootCamp it or run Parrellels. You'll loose comp processing power, but it will work.

I have a sweet 2.8 8 core Mac Pro with 4 TB Harddrive Space and 32GB RAM. I thought I had the best of both worlds in one comp. Thought wrong. I use Logic Pro to actually produce and record songs. I use my mac for all of my Web Designs Adobe CS4. I love my mac, but when It's time to mix Cheerleading Music, I always jump back to my Asus CG Windows 7 I9 and rip ACID and Adobe Audition. I haven't found a better system for Cheerleading. I've pretty much dove into every program over the last 14 years. I've used Ableton, Wave Lab, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Pro tools, Logic pro, Samplitude, Reason, and others. I don't mean that I just installed it and messed with it, No. I can make cheer music with them and produce other tracks, but Nothing measures up to the speed of ACid for sequencing Loop based samples! Amazingly faster than other progs and more effecient that any other program. Ableton is the closest thing you're gonna find. I used to hate Acid's sound quality Algorhythms, but I've worked that out. Abletons Sound Algorhythms are top notch, but it lags in speed and effeciency.

Invest in a $600 laptop and let's make music like SlapFire!

SlapFire University
Online Cheerleading Music School

Only 30 Students will be chosen per semester to attend SlapFire University

Duration/Classes:
The SlapFire Music School is a 12 week course (one semester). Online video classes will be held on the same day of every week. Each assignment will be due two days prior to the next class. (I.E. If your video and assignment were on Wednesday, You will need to complete and return your assignment no later that 9:00am Monday morning, two full days prior to the upcoming class.) You will have 10 assignments and one FINAL PROJECT that you will have two weeks to complete before finishing the semester.

Cost:
The Cost of the 12 week SlapFire Cheerleading Music School course is $500.00. This $500.00 must be paid no later than one week prior to the start (first class) of the course. Once the course begins, there are no refunds. You may cancel your course up until one week prior to the star of the course and receive a full refund. If you have paid and cancel within the last week of the course, you will receive a 70% refund ($350.00). If you need to reschedule your course for an emergency only, within one week of the start date, please contact [email protected] immediately.

Final Project:
The Final Project will consist of the material that you have learned throughout the course and it should show your progress. You will have two weeks to complete the project. If major improvement has been accomplished throughout the course and you have mastered your Final Project, your material MAY be chosen to be available for sale on the SlapFire website and you will start recouping your investment right away.

Important Information/Goals:
Please understand that you will be learning music production skill technique based on the style of Chatwic DuBoise from SlapFire. Chat is very well known for many of the best cheerleading mixes to ever hit the mat! This is because his main focus is high quality mastering techniques and creativity, which will develop differently in each and every one of you. This course is not the only information about cheerleading music but it is about how to make your music come ALIVE supported by the opinion, style, technique and skill utilized by Chatwic DuBoise of SlapFire who has been working in the industry for over 14 years!

Curriculum:
Below is a list of the criteria for your course training:

-Song Selection/Research/Quality - Drums/SDFX/Builds
-Section Formatting - 8 Count Sheets/System
-Program/Team Research - Re-Mixing/Mash-Ups
-Transition Blending - Sequencing Software
-Voiceovers/Vocals - Editing Software
-EQ’ing - Using Acid/Plug-Ins/Soft
-Mastering - Audio Placement
-Equipment - and much much more.
-Sound Quality

Finally… HAVE FUN!! This industry is thirsty for NEW, Creative and Talented individuals! If you have any further questions, please email us at

NEW Site up soon!

Okay! Slap U is almost full so I wanted to hit you guys up with some Knowledge.

Slap U! is meant for anyone wanting to learn how to mix cheerleading music that already have some minimal skills, equipment, and software.

Software:
Wav Editor (Sound Forge, Adobe Audition, Wavlab) - Any wav editor can be used with our classes, but you must find out how to apply the same functions that we will be utilizing with Adobe Audition, with your own Wav Editor. So if I say "Drop a Marker at 1:30" you need to know how to drop a marker in your Wav Editor. More details below on Software Skill requirements.

Sony Acid -You can use any version of Acid to take Slap U Classes. But if you don't have Acid Pro 7.0, you will have to mix down your mixes before I grade them. Because, If you send me your Acid project that is not made with Acid Pro 7.0 and I open it, in my Acid pro 7.0, you will not be able to open it when I send it back. People who have Acid pro 7.0 will get the advantage of me opening their session, making adjustement, and send that session back with my adjustments listed and then you can see what I did first hand.

Equipment - Keep in mind. You can only mix as good as you can hear and listen. So the better your equipment and the better you know your equipment will determine your quality of mix. You can use any windows XP or higher computer. That you have Acid and you're Wav editor installed on. Any sound card will do also, but I recommend upgrading to a sound card that has a higher quality sound. Speakers or headphones are fine, but you will get a better experience if you are on working speakers with a high quality of sound.

Software Skill Requirements: You must know how to:
1. Create an organized folder system
2. Search and Download songs
3. Install your software
4. Uninstall your software
5. Clean your temp and registry files - www.ccleaner.com
6. Defrag your system http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/

I will be putting out basic tutorials that will help you be ready when class starts July 6th. From next week until class starts, you will get links for basic understanding and functions of Wav Editing and Adobe Audition, Acid, and equipment set ups. All of this will be FREE for our first class of Slapperz. I would like our entire first semester to be beyond basic computer skills so we're focused on Wav Editing, Loop Sequencing, and Vocal recording. let's get it!

Back