OT Small People Problems- Where To Buy Professional Looking Clothes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I don't know how big the chain is, but Maurice's has some really cute stuff...that's where I got my "professional" clothes (not many, but I'm still in college and just needed a few things for interviews). I'm not sure about their sizes though.

I'm in denial that little showstopper is asking about "after graduation" clothes...I am getting d and have been on the boards to long....

hahah oh trust me, I'm in as much denial as you are... my college years flew, and I still don't know what I want to do with my life. scary. I've got a year to figure it out, but I prefer to stick my head in the sand and la la la stay a kid forever lol

I'm like 110 and a 00 in everything. I have bad news for you... adult store 00's aren't as small as juniors.

LOFT, White House Black Market, The Limited and Express 00's are all huge.

Banana Republic and Gap are my favorites and they're probably your best bet. Banana doesn't sell 00P in stores so you have to order it online. However, to keep it from costing a fortune you'll want to wait for a sale (they're always having them) and may want to sign up for the credit card. You get 30% off your purchase with the Banana Republic card and then you rack up Banana bucks when you make purchases. You can use these Banana buck things at Gap, Piperlime and Old Navy too.

J Crew makes a pretty good sized 00 too, especially in skirts. Their pants may be huge on you but their pencil skirts fit well.

ETA: Calvin Klein makes a 00 too that's little! They have outlets as well and you can get them really cheap.

You're exactly right. I'm almost 5'3...maybe 100lbs..and I'm less than a 00. I cant wear clothes (AT, ATLoft, Express, BR) etc...from any of those stores without serious altering, so I know ShoWStoppeR.

I buy most of my work clothes from Forever 21, HM.... I wear a lot of skirts and dresses. I literally have 2 pairs of pants that are okay to wear to work...and I had to have them altered beyond recognition.

I started a new job as a children's librarian and my manager pulled me aside and said that I look really young.... and I was like sorry...that I am not adult sized yet lady but I'm doing the best I can.

I personally think that it is an awesome problem to have...in the long run.

I always have the hardest time finding skirts that fit me or dresses that will fit my broad shoulders but flat chest. Goodness the struggle... I'm not short, about 5'3.5", but I just can never find anything that looks amazing on me. Once in a blue moon I find an adorable outfit and then it costs my right leg.

Back