Music Software Help.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2010
I know there are multiple software threads, couldn't search well since I'm using my phone, but anywho

Was wondering what are some of the best software to use when mixing and easiest.
I know there's Sony Acid, Sony forge, and adobe audition. Wanted to know if there were any top softwares that are very high quality and can Make mixing easy.

Also I wanted to know what should be my first purchase from the top 3 Sony acid, forge and adobe?

Thank you

My personal preferences are Logic and Pro Tools but those tend to be a bit pricey compared to acid and these are for apple (pro tools might be both but im not 100% sure)
I would say that you should get acid first : )

Hope this helps : )

My personal preferences are Logic and Pro Tools but those tend to be a bit pricey compared to acid and these are for apple (pro tools might be both but im not 100% sure)
I would say that you should get acid first : )

Hope this helps : )
Thanks Yes this helps!
I actually use the half version of pro tools! but idk if I should get the full one! cause its time to upgrade! im so limited with the half version..lol

but how do you like pro tools? do you have experience with both acid and pro tools? if so which one do you like better?

Thanks Yes this helps!
I actually use the half version of pro tools! but idk if I should get the full one! cause its time to upgrade! im so limited with the half version..lol

but how do you like pro tools? do you have experience with both acid and pro tools? if so which one do you like better?

I love protools mostly cause I spend most of my waking hours on it these days...I actually go to school for audio engineering so I basically use like every program imaginable however, since I am THE not a "apple fan boy" I basically only use programs that run on mac software...also because of my school...but Im a big fan of pro tools and logic...and I have used acid and I think for what Im assuming will be solely for cheer music mixing I think more people could help you with questions if you went with acid : )

have you made mixes with pro tools?if so can I hear it?

ok Thank you, i downloaded the trial of sony acid but had no clue what i was doing, and felt protools was easier but idk...I just wanted to hear someone elses experiences and suggestions.. im like 50/50 to get acid or pro tools lol

I love protools mostly cause I spend most of my waking hours on it these days...I actually go to school for audio engineering so I basically use like every program imaginable however, since I am THE not a "apple fan boy" I basically only use programs that run on mac software...also because of my school...but Im a big fan of pro tools and logic...and I have used acid and I think for what Im assuming will be solely for cheer music mixing I think more people could help you with questions if you went with acid : )

^^^^^

I have a great deal of experience with every DAW mentioned in this thread, and undeniably Acid is still the best for making cheerleading music.

Now, I'm not saying that Acid is the best DAW on the market. Pro Tools, Logic, etc. blow it out of the water as a DAW - but in the realm of exclusively making cheerleading music, Acid is blatantly the way to go.

I have a great deal of experience with every DAW mentioned in this thread, and undeniably Acid is still the best for making cheerleading music.

Now, I'm not saying that Acid is the best DAW on the market. Pro Tools, Logic, etc. blow it out of the water as a DAW - but in the realm of exclusively making cheerleading music, Acid is blatantly the way to go.

Thank you so much!
What other software would your recommend getting next after acid?

Ultimately, you will need at least 2 pieces of software to do the full job of mixing cheerleading music. I recommend Sony Acid Pro 7.0 and Adobe Audition 3.0

There is a newer version of Audition out now, but I do not like it for several reasons. Until they improve upon it in future releases, I will continue to use 3.0

Having the use of a fully functional WAV editor and DAW like Audition will really expand what you are capable of beyond just "creating the mix" in Acid.

Ultimately, you will need at least 2 pieces of software to do the full job of mixing cheerleading music. I recommend Sony Acid Pro 7.0 and Adobe Audition 3.0

There is a newer version of Audition out now, but I do not like it for several reasons. Until they improve upon it in future releases, I will continue to use 3.0

Having the use of a fully functional WAV editor and DAW like Audition will really expand what you are capable of beyond just "creating the mix" in Acid.

Oh ok cool!
Thank you so much yea I'm such a newby of music mixing, I really have the passion for music and cheer, and really like working with softwares and figuring things out like that and like to learn new things.
So for adobe to make it more clearer for myself,lol, what would you use it for in making the mix? (sorry such a newby)lol

Audition - commonly used for (but not limited to):

sampling music (#1 job!), mastering completed mixes, recording and processing VO's (until you get really good at it and switch to doing it virtually in Acid), creating new sound effects, any type of "destructive" wav editing work, and really using it as a learning tool to discover all of the functionality of plug-ins and audio engineering...

Audition - commonly used for (but not limited to):

sampling music (#1 job!), mastering completed mixes, recording and processing VO's (until you get really good at it and switch to doing it virtually in Acid), creating new sound effects, any type of "destructive" wav editing work, and really using it as a learning tool to discover all of the functionality of plug-ins and audio engineering...

Oh ok cool, never really knew what that software was for! But thank you so much!

I know there are multiple software threads, couldn't search well since I'm using my phone, but anywho

Was wondering what are some of the best software to use when mixing and easiest.
I know there's Sony Acid, Sony forge, and adobe audition. Wanted to know if there were any top softwares that are very high quality and can Make mixing easy.

Also I wanted to know what should be my first purchase from the top 3 Sony acid, forge and adobe?

Thank you

CheerLoops Now OPEN!!! BOOM!!!

Back