OT Sororities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Feb 28, 2010
I know a pretty large amount of girls on here are involved in Greek Life so I figured there should be a forum to discuss here.

I didn't go through fall recruitment because I wanted to get settled but over break I have decided I want to join a sorority so I contacted my school's Greek Life office and there are a few chapters offering bids. But since there really isn't a formal process where I can really compare chapters, how do I decide which one I want to join, if any?

I know a pretty large amount of girls on here are involved in Greek Life so I figured there should be a forum to discuss here.

I didn't go through fall recruitment because I wanted to get settled but over break I have decided I want to join a sorority so I contacted my school's Greek Life office and there are a few chapters offering bids. But since there really isn't a formal process where I can really compare chapters, how do I decide which one I want to join, if any?

I'm going to be 100% honest with you based on my experiences... Wait until Spring Rush. Unless you know someone in a sorority that is offering bids still and you really like them, you really need to compare each one and find the best fit. I don't know how popular rush is at your school, but if sororities still had spots open after rush, it was usually because they were one of the bad ones that nobody wanted to join. Obviously this isn't always the case as some girls drop and things, but it really is good to find out the people you fit in with. During rush, you'll know immediately which groups are a good fit, and which might not be and find where you belong!

I'm going to be 100% honest with you based on my experiences... Wait until Spring Rush. Unless you know someone in a sorority that is offering bids still and you really like them, you really need to compare each one and find the best fit. I don't know how popular rush is at your school, but if sororities still had spots open after rush, it was usually because they were one of the bad ones that nobody wanted to join. Obviously this isn't always the case as some girls drop and things, but it really is good to find out the people you fit in with. During rush, you'll know immediately which groups are a good fit, and which might not be and find where you belong!
I got the idea they only have formal rush during the fall. My school's greek life is pretty small (5 chapters) and two are offering spring bids. Of those two one I have friends in and the other I really like their philanthropy.

Gotcha! Look online and you'll get a good idea of the group too... If a group sticks out to you, you can at least try it out and rush. You'll be able to make a decision before you initiate! Good luck! Two of my four bridesmaids are girls that were in my sorority-they are life long friends for sure. :)

Usually even if there is no formal spring rush, a chapter will still "rush" you as in you don't just walk in and get a bid.

They may invite you to a party, other social or philanthropic event to let you test each other out.

Back