All-Star Spirit Celebration Nov 15-16

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wow have i never heard of Cheers & More?

One of the reasons you don't hear much about them is because they are a small gym overshadowed by the large gym about 5 miles away - Twist & Shout. Even though T&S doesn't have a Small AG team, CM doesn't get the recognition that they should because of this :)

One of the reasons you don't hear much about them is because they are a small gym overshadowed by the large gym about 5 miles away - Twist & Shout. Even though T&S doesn't have a Small AG team, CM doesn't get the recognition that they should because of this :)

I still can't really see how they beat panthers unless they had about 3 stunt falls. But maybe I don't know the scoresheet well enough.

I still can't really see how they beat panthers unless they had about 3 stunt falls. But maybe I don't know the scoresheet well enough.

Cheers and more only had 2 tumble bust their first performance and 1 touchdown their second.
Unfortunately panthers had more than that on both of their performances.
Cheers and more hit cleaner. The difficulty isnt apples to apples but it just wasnt panthers weekend :(

I disagree with this statement. It takes a few years being at the top of your division to really start being noticed. T&S has been successful at being at or near the top of Large Ltd/Med Coed since 2008. C&M is just now starting to hit the radar in the Small Sr division. That's not because T&S has always overshadowed them. We certainly weren't overshadowing Tribe when they were doing well. I personally applaud C&M for how well they've done the past couple of years and I have no doubt that if they continue to do well they will make a name for themselves. Typically you have to get into the top 3 at a big national/worlds to really start getting that recognition. No one really remembers 4th place and beyond. It's sad but true in this sport. But the girls on C&M seem to really have that passion and drive to get better and better and that will pay off for them eventually.

ETA -- with that said...I have not seen any videos but from the CU twitter I was very shocked C&M didn't get paid.

I don't know this for fact (didn't see a scoresheet), but heard a lot of people saying that panthers had a safety/legality deduction. And it may have been in the pyramid.

I disagree with this statement. It takes a few years being at the top of your division to really start being noticed. T&S has been successful at being at or near the top of Large Ltd/Med Coed since 2008. C&M is just now starting to hit the radar in the Small Sr division. That's not because T&S has always overshadowed them. We certainly weren't overshadowing Tribe when they were doing well. I personally applaud C&M for how well they've done the past couple of years and I have no doubt that if they continue to do well they will make a name for themselves. Typically you have to get into the top 3 at a big national/worlds to really start getting that recognition. No one really remembers 4th place and beyond. It's sad but true in this sport. But the girls on C&M seem to really have that passion and drive to get better and better and that will pay off for them eventually.

ETA -- with that said...I have not seen any videos but from the CU twitter I was very shocked C&M didn't get paid.

I would just like to add that I don't think people realize how much talent is in Edmond. I know that not every girl on high school teams there do allstar, but if you look at videos from state this year, the amount of talent in North, Memorial, and Santa Fe is ridiculous. Considering that a lot of that talent feeds into T&S and C&M, it's no surprise that both teams are doing so well. I think it's great to see both gyms getting recognition for their talent, and I'd love to see both of them become even more successful this year.

I wasn't so shocked that cheetahs got the paid. Cheers n more were definitely way better than panthers over the two day period, but cheetahs did have a good day 1 and a good second half of day 2. With their difficulty I got why they got the paid.

I think you need to actually watch the Cheers and More routine. They performed relatively simple stunts, had maybe 2 doubles, and very simple standing tumbling. They were very good but at a lower level of difficulty than the CA teams. You really can't compare them. It is true Panthers were off, but at a significantly higher level.

I would just like to add that I don't think people realize how much talent is in Edmond. I know that not every girl on high school teams there do allstar, but if you look at videos from state this year, the amount of talent in North, Memorial, and Santa Fe is ridiculous. Considering that a lot of that talent feeds into T&S and C&M, it's no surprise that both teams are doing so well. I think it's great to see both gyms getting recognition for their talent, and I'd love to see both of them become even more successful this year.

Yes!!! I have mad respect (no pun intended) for C&M and I am very excited for what this season could hold for them as well as our own teams at T&S. Between the two gyms...Edmond is SATURATED in talent. :)

Went this year and I didn't see any of the big teams from last year on the roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back