All-Star Spirit Of Hope 1/14 - 1/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm aware that partial-paid bids aren't available anymore. My point bringing up Showdown in O-Town was to bring up the fact that a previously partial-paid bid competition is now no longer awarding bids of any kind at all. i.e. It's just really expensive to award a full-paid bid for such a small competition (also, I didn't know about "EPs only selecting one competition to award bids" part, so thank you.)

I'm not trying to put this competition down, I'm just wondering how it's all financially sustainable? 5 full-paid bids is a lot of money (unless I've completely misunderstood how full-paid bids are given)... and it doesn't appear as if the competition has a lot more teams competing as compared to last year?
I'm just going to use an example: Assume 50 teams, and assume 25 athletes/team to account for small, medium and large teams. Assume one spectator per athlete. Now assume all did early registration athlete fee is $139/athlete and spectator fee is $40 for the weekend (cash only for this). That is $225,000 for entry and spectator fees alone. It is very financially sustainable and bid comps bring many more teams than non-bid comps.

It's also a fairly large competition and drew a good amount of talent even with the partials. For the past few years I've always wondered why the couldn't give out full. This should not only increase their draw in the coming years.

@DancerDude0118 I got beaten to the punch by @quitthedrama and @cheerKT. Also, and I don't know that Universal Spirit does this, but more and more EP's are requiring you to bring a certain amount of teams to the competition in order to qualify for a bid. That's more entry fees and spectator fees. Plus, let's not forget they keep the schedule more protected than Fort Knox, so you can pay an extra $10 ;)

It's also a fairly large competition and drew a good amount of talent even with the partials. For the past few years I've always wondered why the couldn't give out full. This should not only increase their draw in the coming years.
Yep maybe 400 teams or so?

Do they post day day 1 standings anywhere?

Good question, we just got home from SOH and would love to know this. We spent the majority of the day in Arena C where we got to see a lot of the Worlds teams and my CP and I were surprised to see some of the well known heavy hitters have some kinks so it would be interesting to see. BTW I got to see some of the uniforms that have been posted in the New Uni thread and I must say that they all actually looked really great in person and on stage. Lots and LOTS of BLING! looked good.;)

All I know is Team Gunz is in 1st, Bombshells is in 2nd :)

Oh my goodness I am so happy for bombshells!! (And team gunz of course) Do you know if bombshells are in line for a bid? I may be pushing my luck hoping you'll know but I'm eager to find out!

Oh my goodness I am so happy for bombshells!! (And team gunz of course) Do you know if bombshells are in line for a bid? I may be pushing my luck hoping you'll know but I'm eager to find out!
Thanks! Don't know for sure about Bid because they didn't release Bid declaration but I sure hope so! They are a point behind SSX with a fall so a good showing tomorrow and I would think they should at least get at large. One weird thing about this comp is they let you choose which day is worth 25%

Good question, we just got home from SOH and would love to know this. We spent the majority of the day in Arena C where we got to see a lot of the Worlds teams and my CP and I were surprised to see some of the well known heavy hitters have some kinks so it would be interesting to see. BTW I got to see some of the uniforms that have been posted in the New Uni thread and I must say that they all actually looked really great in person and on stage. Lots and LOTS of BLING! looked good.;)

I totally second this about the unis!! Some of the ones look too much in pics but were amazing on stage! I just went to watch today and the ones I remembered that I loved on stages were ACX, Rockstar, peach, and cheer athletics royalcats. Was very impressed with the worlds teams at this point in the year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Don't know for sure about Bid because they didn't release Bid declaration but I sure hope so! They are a point behind SSX with a fall so a good showing tomorrow and I would think they should at least get at large. One weird thing about this comp is they let you choose which day is worth 25%

Wow. Good for the bombshells. Good luck to team gunz also as I assume your CP is on that team from a few of your posts! They absolutely killed it today.

Back