College Sponsors

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Hey ya'll :)
I know alot of the bigger schools are lucky enough to get their trip to nationals paid for, but I'm not so lucky. We pay the whole thing out of pocket. Its crunch time, and I'm running out of ideas of who else to ask to sponsor me. What kind of businesses, etc would you suggest/have used? Any suggestions are appreciated :)
Thanks!!

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

Think about places you use, they're more likely to sponsor you if you're a regular customer. Does the team have a sponsorship letter that y'all use? If not, come up with a professional sounding one to leave. Don't mail them in. Go in (cold call style) and see if you can get some face time with the owner/manager. Leave them the info AFTER you've spoken to them.

Places to think of:
fitness center where you work out
place where you stop for gas/coffee often
grocery store
dry cleaners
pizza place (or other take out place you order from)

we did a tri tip sandwich sale once....got soda and buns donated from the local grocery. Bought some tri tips at Costco and set up a tent at the grocery parking lot! we priced sandwich and a soda for 7$ (they were big) and we sold out in a few hours. We also had videos running on the laptop from previous nationals to let customers know what we we working towards. We precooked the meat, then thinly sliced into big tins that stayed warm on the bbq....had some mayo and BBQ sauce for condiments! Cleared about 400$

I don't know if this is an option for you but if your living in or close to a bigger city, it might be:
We go to a big intersection and stunt when the light is red for the cars. Some of us do then go around and start collecting money, people want to donate. We started it for fun and ended up making 200 € in 2 hours with a couple of people from my team. We've found that it helps a lot if you have posters explaining why you need the money so people know what they're donating for....

We made this small video. It is always great fun as you can see. ;)

Hey, my name is Will I actually do a fundraiser through my business for the VCU cheerleading team (where I use to cheer). I am in the health and wellness industry, my company provides the best products on the market, The fundraiser is 30% on the products you can retail. I have order forms for just a few products that focus on things that help us in the cheer world. Energy, Stamina, Endurance, and Recovery. So if you sell 100$ a canister of spark and a canister of rehydrate you will get 30 dollars. If you want more information email me at [email protected].. I made 300 in my first three weeks and I didnt have the 30% discount at first. so you can definitely make your money before daytone. hope to here from you soon

Back