College Spotting Belts For Baskets

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How much does a good spotting belt cost and how high a ceiling can you hang one from? I'd say the gym were in has 40-50 foot ceilings. Might have to have something coming from the wall?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The ropes would just need to be longer, IMO... Although you'd have to test regarding pulling to catch the weight etc. Our ceiling is just tall enough that we can build 2 1/2 high pyramids and have a safe amount of room above... so what....30 feet??? I cant guess. :D

We have these at the pool my 9 year old dives at, they use it in conjunction with their trampoline to teach multiple backs and fulls. My dp works really well with it, it is mounted against the wall and comes out on an arm system over the tramp.

We have a belt system and we use it pretty often. We do use it for baskets to slow the kids down after they execute the skill. We also use it for other stunts and tumbling regularly--almost daily. Ours is not a twisting system though so we have not attempted fulls.

I might be making this up but for some reason I remember KU having them at a clinic. They shared a facility with diving so I think the belts were actually for training dives but ScottyB or @KUCheer might be able to give some info

This is correct! We use the belt less than we would like. Mostly it was used over a trampoline and with a coach/spotter pulling the rope and bumping the belt user. The bump allowed them to not land on their feet but rather wash over (like a basket catch)

Has anyone on here had much chance to play with spotting belts while teaching flipping/flipping and twisting baskets? What do you think? What did you use and what was your setup?

King, talk to Coach Mary Ann at QU in A & T they use a spotting belt for baskets with great success.

Somewhat off topic, but spotting belts remind me of learning dives, and can I just say that man... Those divers really know how to set.

Back