OT Spreading Holiday Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Mamarazzi

Ultimate Grand Supreme '12
Cheer Parent
Mar 16, 2011
We've seen what you want for the holidays, but what do you, your family, your gym/program or your church do to spread holiday cheer for the less fortunate during this time of year? Let's see pics!!

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the materialism of the holiday season, just don't forget, your iPod touch or new Hollister jeans can't feed a hungry family!!

For a community service club Im wrapping presents that go to kids who wouldnt get anything if the program didnt exisit and making blankets for a disabled children home.

I love that!! Can you post a pic of a blanket?

I am also a part of the community service club at my school and we do a lot during the holidays!
For thanksgiving we try to get homerooms involved in creating thanksgiving baskets that would be like a complete dinner for a family to make and a gift card to buy a turkey. Then they get sent out to local food pantries, ect. to be distributed to families.
We also contact the local town offices and see if they have any families we can 'sponsor' so if they have like a 3 year old girl, 7 year old boy, and 11 year old boy we can buy based off of Christmas lists they provide. It's actually really great because everyone gets really into it since it's more personalized.
Those are two off the top of my head but I'm sure there will be plenty more that we do in the coming weeks!

Our family has taken part in Operation Christmas Child for almost 15 years. As my kids got older, we would move the age level up for the children we were doing boxes for so that my kids were thinking about what they would want that shoebox to contain if they were receiving it. Our school also takes part in an Angel Tree ministry that "adopts" the wish list for a family. For years our church has had a Teddy Bear Sunday where we would bring in stuffed animals that were then distributed to hospitals, the police dept and the fire dept. This year we've been asked to bring in non- perishable food items instead to give to local food pantries that continue to be hit hard.

Back