OT Squeeee, I've Got A Job!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 9, 2011
Three years ago I quit my job and went to work as a volunteer teacher in Rwanda, Africa. The economy was much better back then so I didn't think there would be too much of a problem getting a job when I got back - how wrong was I.

I was the head of music of a very large high school before I went away, when I got back no one was moving from the job they had and what few jobs came up there were over 50 applicants for. Just to put that into perspective, when they advertised my job there were only 8 applicants! I got shortlisted for most and interviewed but my time abroad went against me. So I took a supply teaching position (I think you guys call it substitution teaching) and I ended up for a year at a behavioural unit teaching anything and everything but music. That ended and I got a temporary job as acting head of music back in January. Anyway, I had an interview today to make it permanent and got it :) they also said they want interview me again in a few months time, when the school restructure is finalised, for the Head of Performing and Creative Arts faculty!!!! I am so incredibly happy right now, 3 years of not having a proper salary and now I can afford to do things like buy new clothes and nice food :D Part-ay this weekend I think ;)

It's so nice I'll congratulate you twice! Lol. I think I just automatically speak in voice over mode all the time.
Congrats! I wish I could be there to properly help you celebrate!

Congrats! Getting a job in this economy is really something to be happy about! Enjoy your party!

Thanks everyone, I can't stop smiling even though I'm stuck in school till 9pm tonight at parents evening.

It's so nice I'll congratulate you twice! Lol. I think I just automatically speak in voice over mode all the time.
Congrats! I wish I could be there to properly help you celebrate!
I wish you could as well, even if it is just to entertain us with your voiceover-speak ;)

Back