All-Star Starting A Special Needs Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 20, 2012
I am currently a high school junior. At my school a few varsity cheerleaders run a "Spirit Squad" that meets with special needs students at my school once a week to learn cheers. They cheer at at least one game for each of our school sports. Since I was the only non-senior running the Spirit Squad this year, I will hopefully be heading it next year. Because I love cheerleading and working with special needs kids, I would really like to look into having them compete at at least one competition next year. There are zero gyms in my area, so there aren't any actual competitive teams within two hours. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I could start, what I would have to do legality wise, start up info, etc. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!:D

If you were going to start a team in an all star gym, I could give you lots of help. However, with your connection to the high school, I really think you should request help from The Sparkle Effect. Sarah Cronk started the group a few years ago and they do a tremendous job.

You can find information here:
The Sparkle Effect

You can email Sarah at [email protected]

Please tell her I said hello.

Bill Presson

Back