All-Star Straight Leg Scorpion Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 19, 2010
ok. so im trying hard to get my straight leg scorpion back but its not as easy now that I am older. Any advice on stretches that I could do or anything like that? My goal is to have it by Cheersport.

heyy..someone gave me some stretches to do awhile ago and they helped a lot!... one would be just do your splits and lean back for at least a minute and you can even have someone pull you back...another is to do you splits with like your leg on a door frame and hold your self up..im not really sure if they makes sense. if not i can try to explain better!
hope theses helpp!:)

heyy..someone gave me some stretches to do awhile ago and they helped a lot!... one would be just do your splits and lean back for at least a minute and you can even have someone pull you back...another is to do you splits with like your leg on a door frame and hold your self up..im not really sure if they makes sense. if not i can try to explain better!
hope theses helpp!:)
do you mean standing with your right foot on the ground and putting your s[lit against the door so that the back of your right knee is against the door frame and the front of your left knee is too? i do that and its an awesome stretch. you can grab the doorframe opposite of you and "climb" it with your hands to stretch your back

do you mean standing with your right foot on the ground and putting your s[lit against the door so that the back of your right knee is against the door frame and the front of your left knee is too? i do that and its an awesome stretch. you can grab the doorframe opposite of you and "climb" it with your hands to stretch your back

yesss that is excactly what i meannn! i just didnt know how to describe haha you did a much better job ;)

Well if you had it before you know to hold it by your ankle or shin, wherever you can!

If you like face a wall with a little bit of space between you and it, and like kick your leg back behind you? So like your chest dips down, but your leg tries to kick back into splits. I find it really helps your back flexibility too:] Also, work on scales lots, and when you have a straight scale, you can try and pull that into a scorp:]

Good luck! <3

I'm also trying to get my straight leg scorpion. I don't have it yet, but it's getting better, and these two links are really helping!

This video has some really good tips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTD17IRoLAY

This link has some really great stretches too. The one where you do a split against the wall and lean on a barrel to lift your chest is really helpful. I use a chair instead since I don't have a barrel at my house. http://www.fortheloveoftumbling.com/fortheloveoftumbling/Stretch/Stretch.html

Good luck! Hope this helped!

Back